Jacob Godfrey to Hermon

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Jacob Godfrey to Hermon

Postby orangeblack » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:32 am

Rumor has it Jacob Godfrey will be heading to Hermon to play basketball next year. It seems AAU coaches have a big influence on kids decisions today. Anyone hear of any other kids transferring to other schools?
orangeblack

Re: Jacob Godfrey to Hermon?

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 am

orangeblack wrote:Rumor has it Jacob Godfrey will be heading to Hermon to play basketball next year. It seems AAU coaches have a big influence on kids decisions today. Anyone hear of any other kids transferring to other schools?

Good topic, but why would you assume the AU coach influencing decision. Most times its players who grow to like each other playing in the off-season and chose to make a move ..
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby orangeblack » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:11 am

You make a good point and I hope thats the case but let's just wait and see who he lives with when the time arrives. Best of luck to Jacob either way
orangeblack

Re: Jacob Godfrey to Hermon

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 am

Machias boys basketball center Jacob Godfrey to play senior season at Hermon

...The six-foot-six center will play his senior season at Hermon High School, joining the Hawks basketball program next season. Godfrey will become a key component for the Hawks, with his height serving as perhaps the missing link for a team returning its core next season. The Hawks were the No. 1 seed in Class B North this year, and after barely surviving a quarterfinal matchup with Washington Academy, fell to Orono in the regional semifinals.

Machias rode the performance of Godfrey alongside other contributors such as James Merserau and John Massad to a Class D state title this past season, taking down Greenville in the final. While the other two graduated, Godfrey has one year left as a rising senior. Hermon confirmed Godfrey is a part of the team's summer roster, and several sources indicated he has officially transferred into the school.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/20 ... -at-hermon
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Isnt Godfrey's AAU coach, the father of one of Hermon's top players? That is why this will become a topic just like when Massabesic had two players transfer in for senior season (one of them halfway through year after playing football for another school)
If he wanted to play against better competetion then he does in Class D...he could have just transferred to Washington Academy (pretty much same schedule at Hermon) but to quote Bill Belichick...it is what it is...
wmtwsportsprod

Postby tjm502 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm

So, if the rumor that he is transferring and staying with his AAU coach is true, then all I can say is the educational opportunities must be amazing at Hermon. I mean, it couldn't be because his AAU coach has his ear and convinced his parents to have him live there in Hermon to play basketball. That would never happen!
tjm502

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 am

My .02 in current transfer rules .... Do away with it all ! Go to school wherever you want !

My comments are about transfer rule in general, not this transfer specifically

if you have money , or a company is re-locating you , you can move to any community and send your kids to any school (public or private ) Happens all the time

if you come from other less fortunate financial abilities , we restrict a young persons family from making choices they feel best for their kids future ..

Some say transfer rule is about fairness . I see no fairness in this rule
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby TAallday » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Pretty interesting situations come up every single year. It's funny to see people so worked up about this. If you want to know how to deal with the haters on transfers...ask me, I'm a TA fan ;)
TAallday

Postby Lebron06 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 pm

The AAU coach, which happens to be Fritz, definitely is involved in this. Trying to build his son build a super team so they can win a championship before he graduates.(sound familiar, a lot like the NBA these days as you already know which teams are going to be in the finals before the season begins). Makes no difference to me at all but it just makes the tournament games a whole lot less interesting. What fun is it when you do stuff like this? Can you really feel good about winning a title in the end? Not me, just my two cents worth. I love it when local home grown talent wins championships! Those are the teams I root for come February!
Lebron06

Postby TAallday » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 am

Yeah, this Hermon squad will be REALLY good come tourney time. I have a hard time thinking of anyone who will be favored against them, but you never know.
TAallday

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur