UMaine Baseball

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

UMaine Baseball

Postby augie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Now that Coach Derba is finally the head coach, what are people's expectation for the next 2-3 years and beyond? What kind of record in the regular season and in the AE tourney would be considered a success for this program?
augie

Re: UMaine Baseball

Postby mainejeff » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:34 am

Finishing over .500 overall, finishing in the top 3 in AE, and winning the AE Tourney once every 3 years.

Derba needs to be a better in-game coach and motivator than Trimper and somehow develop a better and more consistent pitching staff.
mainejeff

Postby augie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:45 am

mainejeff wrote:Finishing over .500 overall, finishing in the top 3 in AE, and winning the AE Tourney once every 3 years.

I would be very satisfied with this as well.

Would be interested in hearing what BAM and TAL, both strong supporters of this program, thoughts are on what they would consider a "successful" program.
augie

Postby maine612 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:01 am

Hello everyone, hope your summers are off to a great start.

I would agree with these expectations. I would also add that we should hope to make some noise in a regional every 6-8 years. Would take a lot to win one, but not out of the question. CWS...I'm just hoping for one trip in my lifetime to get to Omaha.

maine612

Postby augie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 pm

maine612 wrote:Hello everyone, hope your summers are off to a great start.

I would agree with these expectations. I would also add that we should hope to make some noise in a regional every 6-8 years. Would take a lot to win one, but not out of the question. CWS...I'm just hoping for one trip in my lifetime to get to Omaha.

From your lips to God's ear for an CWS appearance but just not realistic. Stoney Brooks run was unfortunately an anomaly.
augie

Postby thebam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 pm

augie wrote:
maine612 wrote:Hello everyone, hope your summers are off to a great start.

From your lips to God's ear for an CWS appearance but just not realistic. Stoney Brooks run was unfortunately an anomaly.

If you break it down ..if ,and I mean big IF , you get a solid 3 man starting rotation, this is not far fetched. to win a regional it takes 3 wins. From there only 2 more and you are on your way to Omaha. The key is the pitching staff. That's what wins in the NCAA. I don't know that Maine is there right now.. but the precedent has been set. Get great pitching and you have a chance for a Nebraska roadie.
thebam

Postby augie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:40 pm

BAM, agree three studs could very well make it happen but that is a Herculian feat to have three pitchers that would be better then their, most likely southern, regional opponent. Let's hope they can develop the arms needed

Again, what would you consider a success for UMaine Baseball under Coach Derba? You are a proud supporter and are more invested in this program than most so I seriously am interested in your take.
augie

Postby augie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Bam, with no reply I will just assume you are all set with any results of this program.

Good times!!
augie

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics