CIM's BLOG:Why do UMaine BB teams count non D-1 game stats

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: CIM's Blog: UM haave a transfer exitquestionnaire?

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 pm

DOES UMAINE HAVE AN EXIT TRANSFER QUESTIONNARIE ?

Do any MBRers know if the UMaine athletic department has written exit transfer questionnaire?

I was wondering considering the UMaine men's team had 6 transfers this spring and the women's team had 5 for a total of 11 and the men's team had 5 transfers last spring.

If I was the AD I would want to know the real reasons players are transferring not the political answers many players give like wanting to move up, school didn't meet their academic needs, walk on needing a scholarship. school's location. weather, etc.

What they should have is a questionnaire that lists the many reasons players seek to transfer from playing time to school's location. Have each question statement and have the players list number 1 thru 10 with 10 being the weight for transferring for their answer to each statement reason.

Also, each transfer should have a choice to sign or not sign the questionnaire.

I also would think the coaches would want to really what is behind each and every transfer.

Maybe I should call the athletic department if nobody here on MBR really knows if they have such a questionnaire. Think I could get that information?
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Blog: UM have transfer exit questionnaire?

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Comparing the schools Sole, Caceres and Tilana S, trasferred to UMaine in Team and Conference RPI and W-L records

Tilana S. Texas Tech RPI 104 Big 12 RPI 4 14-17
Sole......Duquense RPI 124 Atlantic 10 RPI 12 18-15
...........UMaine.....RPI 128 America East RPI 22 18-16
Caceres.Butler.......RPI 250 Big East RPI 7 6-25

Looks like all 3 moved up either team RPI or confeence RPI or both Team and Conference RPI
RPI's from realtimerpi.com

All 3 moved up considerably in conference RPI
4-7-12 to AE 22

Texas Tech and Duquense higher RPI team wise

Interesting how Tilana S. moved up to 4th ranked conference and 104 team RPI when she got very little playing time at UMaine

Where has Keleva ended up anyone know?

Just like the 3 Maine men's transfers (Vann, Little and Eke) 2 years ago moved up much higher then Maine was in both conference and team

11 transfers for the Maine men in 3 years and 5 transfers for the Maine women this past year.

Combined 16 transfers in two years.

Looks like UMaine is becoming either a prep school or a JUCO for higher ranked teams and conferences.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG; KevinLittle transfers-Colorado St. to UTenn-

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Kevin Little is transferring from Colorado State to University Tennesse@Martin of the Ohio Valley Conference (same conference as Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in).

Colorado State finished 66th in realtimerpi. end of season RPI and their Mountain West conference ranked 10th in RPI and UTennessee@Martin was at 164 and the Ohio Valley Conference, the Conference Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in is ranked 25th and Eastern Kentucky finished 248 in RPI.

America East Conference was ranked 21st in conference RPI.

Lamar Harewood who transferred to JUCO is now going to be eligible to play at D-1 South Carolina State ranked 302nd in the Atlantic Sun Conference ranked at 24th.

Full article on Little in bangordailynews.com sports page online.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG; Kevin Little transfers from Colorado to UTen

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Kevin Little is transferring from Colorado to University Tennesse@Martin of the Ohio Valley Conference (same conference as Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in).

Colorado finished 199th in realtimerpi. end of season RPI and their PAC12 conference ranked 6th in RPI and UTennessee@Martin was at 164 and the Ohio Valley Conference, the Conference Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in is ranked 25th and Eastern Kentucky finished 248 in RPI.

Lamar Harewood who transferred to JUCO is now going to be eligible to play at D-1 South Carolina State ranked 302nd in the Atlantic Sun Conference ranked at 24th.

He was at Colorado STATE...
parquetfloor

Re: CIM's Blog: Kevin Little transfers from Colorado to UTen

Postby mainejeff » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm

So Little who is from NY transferred from Maine to Colorado State and now to TN-Martin to be "closer to family"...????

Uh-huh.....wake me up if Kevin Little ever plays D1 basketball again. :roll:
mainejeff

Re: CIM's BLOG; Kevin Little transfers from Colorado to UTen

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:43 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Kevin Little is transferring from Colorado to University Tennesse@Martin of the Ohio Valley Conference (same conference as Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in).

Colorado finished 199th in realtimerpi. end of season RPI and their PAC12 conference ranked 6th in RPI and UTennessee@Martin was at 164 and the Ohio Valley Conference, the Conference Eastern Kentucky's and Maine's Nick Mayo plays in is ranked 25th and Eastern Kentucky finished 248 in RPI.

He was at Colorado STATE...

PF: Thanks for the corretion, I have thought all this time he was at Colorado. Actually the Mountain West Conference is the 10th ranked conference in the Country in RPI and Colorado State's RPI was 66th that is 33spots higher than Colorado at 99. However th PAC 10 is higher than the Mountain West at 6 to 4.

I will make those corrections. Thanks again PF.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Blog: Kevin Little transfers Colorado St. to UTen

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 am

Ex-UMaine player transfers again

...The 6-foot, 160-pound junior guard, who was an America East All-Rookie team selection for the Black Bears in 2015, was granted a release from his CSU scholarship, according to a June 16 report by The Coloradoan.

Little never played in a game for Colorado State, having sat out this past season at that Mountain West Conference school in Fort Collins, Colorado, under NCAA transfer rules.

The Wyandanch, New York, product subsequently has made a verbal commitment to transfer to the University of Tennessee-Martin, a member of the Ohio Valley Conference, according to verbalcommits.com.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/23/s ... ers-again/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: CIM's Blog: Kevin Little transfers Colorado St. to UTen

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 am

So the Ohio Valley Conference is ranked BELOW America East? So much for "transferring up". Doesn't really matter...I don't see Little playing college ball anymore. Has too many issues to deal with.
mainejeff

Re: CIM's Blog: Great article on emotions of Winning and los

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:45 pm

A great article in the Bangor Daily News by Dr. Charles Krauthammer, in Monday's July 3rd Front section on page A5 about the "The pleasure of winning is less than the pain of defeat".

Dr. K takes it from youth leagues thru to the pros.

This great article helped support my personal feelings as a player and as a coach.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Blog: Great article on emotions of winning/losing

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 am

Coach, is this the piece you're referring to...

Why do they even play the game?

In mathematics, when you’re convinced of some eternal truth but can’t quite prove it, you offer it as a hypothesis (with a portentous capital H) and invite the world, future generations if need be, to prove you right or wrong. Often, a cash prize is attached.

In that spirit, but without the cash, I offer the Krauthammer Conjecture: In sports, the pleasure of winning is less than the pain of losing. By any Benthamite pleasure/pain calculation, the sum is less than zero. A net negative of suffering. Which makes you wonder why anybody plays at all.

Winning is great. You get to hoot and holler, hoist the trophy, shower in champagne, ride the open parade car and boycott the White House victory ceremony (choose your cause).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/c ... 2301f387fb
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics