Oxford Plains Speedway:

Maine auto racing talk, anything from NASCAR to off-road..

Oxford Plains Speedway: schedule for the PASS Open 100

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 am

In the Pits: Tardiff claims first SLM feature at Oxford

OXFORD — Veteran short track driver Alan Tardiff added another win to an already impressive racing resume with a dominant performance, pulling away to earn his first career Super Late Model victory Saturday night at Oxford Plains Speedway.

Former Oxford 250 winner Glen Luce worked his way under two-time track champion Shawn Martin for second place in the closing laps, while Ellsworth veteran Andy Saunders crossed the stripe in fourth. Canadian veteran Lonnie Sommerville, of Burnsville, New Brunswick, completed the top five.

Tardiff, of Lyman, led all 50 laps of the feature after getting the jump on pole-sitter Saunders. The lone yellow waved at lap 24 when JT Thurlow suffered a mechanical failure. On the ensuing restart, Tardiff got an early jump (and was fined $150 for doing it) and pulled away for top honors.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2142880
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Tardiff claims first SLM featur

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

June 18 results

Oxford Plains Speedway

(Finishing position, car number, driver’s name, driver’s hometown)

Super Late Model (50 laps): 1. 61 TJ Brackett, Buckfield; 2. 9 Alan Tardiff, Lyman; 3. 94 Shawn Martin, Turner; 4. 01 Andy Saunders, Ellsworth; 5. 9 JT Thurlow, Windham; Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy Street Stock (30 laps): 1. 1 Billy Childs, Jr., Leeds; 2. 77 Bryce Mains, Bridgton; 3. 36 Richard Spaulding, Lisbon; 4. 61 Matt Dufault, Turner; 5. 58 David Whittier, West Poland; Bandits (20 laps): 1. 36 Scott Jordan, Auburn; 2. 91 Jamie Heath, Wateford; 3. 3 Chachi Hall, Oxford; 4. 51 Adam Sanborn, West Paris; 5. 04 Tyler Jalbert, Auburn; Figure 8 (15 laps): 1. 113 Tommy Tompkins, Carthage; 2. 2 Dale Lawrence, Lisbon; 3. 97 Erik Hodgkins, Minot; 4. 54 David Smith, South Paris; 5. 4 Kyle Kilgore, South Paris; Wicked Good Vintage Race Car Association Outlaw (20 laps): 1. 71 Arthur Hannaford, Hollis; 2. 82 Bobby Symonds, Casco; 3. 22 Sid Smith, Mount Vernon; 4. 86 Bob Guyon, Wiscasset; Wicked Good Vintage Race Car Association Late Model (20 laps): 1. 1 Neil Martin, Freeport; 2. 2 Kevin Waterhouse, West Paris; 3. 0 Dean Grant, Detroit; 4. 97 Brian Hughes, Otisfield; 5. 22 Mark Hughes, Milton Mills, NH; Wicked Good Vintage Race Car Association Hobby (15 laps): 1. 25 Hal Clark, Bridgton; 2. M16 David West, Appleton; 3. 08 Jesse Michaud, Caribou; 4. 48 George Harding, Benton; 5. 62 Alan Gassett, Saco

source: BDN
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Brackett notches SLM win

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 am

OXFORD — Two-time track champion TJ Brackett worked his way past fellow track champion Shawn Martin on lap nine and pulled away to record his first Super Late Model victory of 2017 Saturday night at Oxford Plains Speedway.

Brackett, of Buckfield, started third on the 16-car grid behind pole-sitter Martin and Ellsworth veteran Andy Saunders. Martin and current point leader Alan Tardiff, of Lyman, raced hard for several laps in a spirited battle for second, with Tardiff eventually prevailing using the patented crossover move.

Martin settled for third, while Saunders finished fourth. JT Thurlow put in one of his best efforts to date to complete the top five. Finishing sixth through 10th in the Super Late Model Trophy Dash were Brad Babb, Kyle Treadwell, Dennis Spencer Jr., Tim Brackett and Alan Wilson.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2147669
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Alan Tardiff setting a fast pac

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 am

Alan Tardiff setting a fast pace at Oxford

...In seven starts this season, Tardiff and his TMR Racing squad have earned a win (June 10), three top-fives, four top-10s and are leading the Super Late Model point standings by a comfortable margin.

“When the opportunity came about to race for TMR this year, I told them I wanted a new challenge,” Tardiff said. “I've raced at Beech Ridge my whole life. Oxford is one of my favorite tracks in Maine. We wanted to go race at a place we like, and so far, it's been working out pretty well for us.”

His new team, headed by owner Rick Lockwood and co-owner Tom Mason, feels more like a family than a group of gear-heads. The 2017 season has brought a smile to everyone's face, not just because they're running well, but because of the way Tardiff says they're treated and the environment itself.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2147657
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Luce claims SLM feature

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:17 am

Luce claims SLM feature at Oxford

OXFORD — Longtime short track veteran and 2015 Oxford 250 winner Glen Luce took his rivals to school on Saturday evening, teaching them a lesson in humility as he went wire-to-wire in the 50-lap Super Late Model Trophy Dash at Oxford Plains Speedway.

Luce, of Turner, started on the pole after winning the first of three qualifying heats. As Luce was driving away from the field, points leader Alan Tardiff was wheeling his way up from 14th on the 21-car grid into contention.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2152431
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: schedule for the PASS Open 100

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:25 am

Pro All Stars Series‏ @PASSSLM14
Sunday schedule for the PASS Open 100 at Oxford Plains Speedway...
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDfpGKgXoAA1VKI.jpg

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Hall picking up speed

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 am

Hall picking up speed at Oxford

...For 32-year-old Oxford native Charlie Hall, a truck driver for Auburn Concrete during the week, the Bandit class is nothing but pure fun. Hall has been improving his performance by leaps and bounds in 2017.

In his first eight starts, he's earned a win, five top fives, eight top 10s and is leading the points.

“There are five key guys who are responsible for the strong start I've had thus far,” Hall said. “Mike Whittier, David Whittier, Brian Whittier, Kyle Hewins and Shaun Hinkley have all stepped up to help me big-time this year. Those guys have all the knowledge; we built the car together.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2157082
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 am

Shaw’s late move leads to PASS victory
D.J. Shaw passes Wayne Helliwell Jr. to secure a win at Oxford Plains and nab a starting spot in the 250.

OXFORD — D.J. Shaw looked at the lap counter on the scoreboard hovering over turn two at Oxford Plains Speedway and decided it was time to get going.

Shaw, the two-time and defending Pro All Stars Series champion, took the lead from Wayne Helliwell Jr. with eight laps remaining on Sunday to win the PASS Open 100 and guarantee himself a starting spot in next month’s Oxford 250. Shaw, from Center Conway, New Hampshire, charged from fifth to the lead over the final 60 laps to secure the victory.

“The car was coming on. I looked at the scoreboard, and it showed lap 66, and I’d been working Wayne over for a while,” Shaw said. “I was trying to keep myself on the bottom in case there was a restart. … I used both lanes to catch Wayne. I crossed over and he gave me the (inside) lane, and we raced great together.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/07/02/s ... s-victory/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 am

Racing gypsy from Ellsworth logs 308-mile round trip to compete at Oxford Plains

...In 2016, he was the Pro Stock points champion at Wiscasset Speedway and the previous year he won the Pro Stock points title at both Wiscasset and Unity Raceway. In 2012 and ’13, he captured the Late Model points championship at Speedway 95 in Hermon.

“For me and the guys who work on the car, we like to set goals and achieve them. You can get in a rut racing at the same place. The only way to get better is to go other places and race against other people,” said the 45-year-old Saunders.

The Ellsworth native has family living in the Oxford area so, as a teenager, he spent a lot of time watching races at Oxford Plains.

“It has always been the premier track in the state although I’m sure people would argue that Beech Ridge (Speedway in Scarborough) is at the top of the list,” said Saunders, who admitted he wouldn’t mind racing weekly at Beech Ridge some day.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/07/06/s ... rd-plains/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:20 am

Oxford Plains Speedway

Super Late Model (50 laps): 1 94 Shawn Martin, Turner; 2 36 Ryan Robbins, Dixfield; 3 60 Timmy Brackett, Buckfield; 4 03 Scott Moore, Anson; 5 01 Andy Saunders, Ellsworth; Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy Street Stock (30 laps) ­­­: 1 11 Tyler King, Livermore; 2 77 Bryce Mains, Bridgton; 3 1 Billy Childs, Jr., Leeds; 4 61 Matt Dufault, Turner; 5 09 Mark Turner, Norway; Bandits (20 laps): 1 2 Shaun Hinkley, Oxford; 2 52 Chad Wills, Oxford; 3 91 Jamie Heath, Waterford; 4 1 Brandon Varney, Auburn; 5 51 Adam Sanborn, West Paris; Figure 8 (15 laps): 1 97 Eric Hodgkins, Minot; 2 54 David Smith, South Paris; 3 2 Dale Lawrence, Lisbon; 4 27 Tommy Tompkins, Carthage; 5 07 Kyle Glover, Oxford

source: BDN
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Auto Racing