Oxford Plains Speedway:

Maine auto racing talk, anything from NASCAR to off-road..

Oxford Plains Speedway:

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 am

Oxford Plains Speedway : PASS 150 set to open season

...Among the highlights on Oxford's 2017 schedule are five races for PASS North, highlighted by the 44th annual Oxford 250 on Sunday, Aug. 27. Along with Sunday's 150-lap tilt, other PASS North race dates include July 2 (The Open, no points), July 30, and the finale on October 14.

Oxford's weekly Championship Series program gets under way on Sunday, May 7. Buckfield native Tim Brackett will seek a third consecutive and fifth career title in Super Late Models after earning the crown in 2005, 2010, 2015 and 2016. His son TJ, a two-time points champion (2013-14) will also return this season.

“It will be tough to pull off three in a row, but that is the goal,” Brackett said. “You have to be not only fast but consistent each week and take the best finish possible, which isn't always easy.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2111622
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway : PASS 150 set to open season

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:20 am

Auto racing notes: Chad Dow makes PASS return this weekend at Oxford
Pittsfield racer hasn't competed regularly in more than a decade.

...“When you’ve got competitiveness in you, you want to be able to compete at the highest level you can,” Dow said. “I had been racing snowmobiles, and I’ve been to Alaska for the biggest snowmobile race there is. That got to be too far away and just too hard to compete that far away.”

So instead of the Iron Dog, billed by its organizers as “the world’s longest toughest snowmobile race,” Dow will be much closer to home this weekend. The 32-year-old driver, who hasn’t raced stock cars full time since running the PASS Modified division in 2006, will drive the No. 2 for owners Tim and Matt Matheson in the PASS North Speedway Homes 150 on Sunday at Oxford Plains Speedway.

With roughly 10 races scheduled this season, it’s the first time Dow has tackled this ambitious a schedule since his Modified days.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/20/ ... at-oxford/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 am

Reid Lanpher wins PASS race at Oxford Plains Speedway
Victory marks 1st career touring series win for Manchester driver.

...The 2015 Beech Ridge Motor Speedway champion debuted a brand new race car this weekend at Oxford.

“It feels pretty good. It’s been a long time,” Lanpher said. “I’m so happy that it’s paid off with all the time and effort we’ve put in. To get a PASS win like this feels pretty good. I’m pumped and ecstatic, and I’m pumped and ecstatic for the crew, as well.”

Canadian driver Cole Butcher finished second for his best career PASS finish, while 2015 Oxford 250 winner Glen Luce, of Turner, finished third. Ben Rowe and multi-time Thunder Road track champion Nick Sweet of Barre, Vermont, rounded out the top five.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/23/ ... -speedway/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 am

Lanpher claims PASS 150 at Oxford

..."The whole team put a lot of hours into this new car over the winter, and it sure paid off here today," Lanpher said. "I'm just so happy to give this team a PASS win. We unloaded strong, and my crew chief, Jason Ricker, knows how to put all the pieces in place. I hope this is an omen for a great season ahead."

Butcher, of Porters Lake, Nova Scotia, started 27th on the 40-car grid and steadily worked his way into contention. While his No. 53 entry was battered at the finish, the savvy young driver was pleased with his efforts.

"This place is quite the challenge," Butcher said. "I said before the race that I'd seen plenty of people come from the back to the front here, so why can't that be us. We just took our time, gaining positions when we could. We may have used our tires up a bit more than we would have liked, but we were still able to come up second. Getting a top three finish at Oxford is quite the accomplishment."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2116252
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 27, 2017 3:28 am

Speedway 95, Oxford Plains plan holiday weekend racing, festivities

...OPS will have its weekly Oxford Championship Series card beginning at 7 on Saturday followed by Motor Mayhem Number One on Monday at 2 p.m. which will include an enduro race, spectator drag racing, a flag pole race and a smokey donut competition.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/05/26/s ... stivities/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon May 29, 2017 4:58 am

Oxford Plains Speedway results

Super Late Model (50 laps): 1. Dennis Spencer Jr., Oxford; 2. Scott McDaniel, Livermore Falls; 3. Kyle Treadwell, Buckfield; 5. Andy Saunders, Ellsworth; Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy Street Stock (30 laps): 1. 58 David Whittier, West Poland; 2. 36 Rick Spaulding, Lisbon; 3. 1 Billy Childs, Jr., Leeds; 4. 61 Matt Dufault, Turner; 5. 77 Bryce Mains, Bridgton; Bandits (20 laps): 1. 36 Scott Jordan, Auburn; 2. 95 Eric Stoddard, South Paris; 3. 11 Cam Childs, Leeds; 4. 26 Tyler Green, Leeds; 5. 2 Shaun Hinkley, Oxford; INEX Legends Cars (20 laps): 1. 28 Kevin Oliver, Gray; 2. 4 Peter Craig, Poland; 3. 0 Annette Humphrey, Parsonsfield, 4. 64 Devin LeRoux, Parsonsfield; Figure 8 (15 laps): 1. 54 David Smith, South Paris; 2. 4 Kyle Kilgore, South Paris; 3. 2 Dale Lawrence, Lisbon; 4. 113 Tommy Tompkins, Carthage; 5. 41 Greg Durgin, South Paris

source: BDN
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:34 am

results:

Oxford Plains Speedway

Top 5 finishers (finishing position, car number, driver’s name, driver’s hometown).

Budweiser Super Late Model (50 laps) 1 23 Dave Farrington, Jr., Jay; 2 60 Tim Brackett, Buckfield; 3 7 Glen Luce, Turner; 4 14 Scott McDaniel, Livermore; 5 72 Scott Robbins, Dixfield; PASS Mods (40 laps) 1 19 Ben Tinker, New Gloucester; 2 21 Mike Carignan, Lebanon; 3 64 Matty Sanborn, Windham; 4 17 Scott Alexander, Glenburn; 5 28 Mark Lundblad, Jr., Conway, NH; Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy Street Stock (30 laps) 1 1 Billy Childs, Jr., Leeds; 2 58 David Whittier, West Poland; 3 4 Jordan Russell, Norway; 4 61 Matt Dufault, Turner; 5 11 Tyler King, Livermore; Bandits (20 laps) 1 91 Jamie Heath, Waterford; 2 5 Jacob Hall, Oxford; 3 2 Shaun Hinkley, Oxford; 4 81 Chris Ouellette, Milan, NH; 5 95 Eric Stoddard, South Paris; Figure 8 (15 laps) 1 113 Tommy Tompkins, Carthage; 2 4 Kyle Kilgore, South Paris; 3 2 Dale Lawrence, Lisbon; 4 41 Greg Durgin, South Paris; 5 40 Robert Morey, Lisbon; 6 54 David Smith, South Paris; 7 07 Kyle Glover, Oxford.

source BDN
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway : Childs returns to the track in

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 am

Childs returns to the track in style

...Childs returned to full-time competition in the Street Stock class at Oxford this season and is running like he never missed a lap. His feature wins on May 13 and June 3 came in dominant fashion, and his five top-five finishes in five starts have put him atop the points standings.

As Matt Dufault, one of Childs' chief rivals in the points chase, wisely pointed out back in April, Childs could easily be the man to beat for the 2017 title.

"It's a great feeling to have that kind of respect from my rivals," Childs said. "It means a lot to me. I lack confidence in my own abilities, but to have a talented racer like Matt say that is very kind. I have a lot of respect for him and every one of the guys in this division. It won't be easy to win this crown."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... le/2135759
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Farrington earns first SLM win

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:53 am

Farrington earns first SLM win at Oxford

...The 2014 point champion in the NASCAR-sanctioned Pro Series division at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway has a lot on his plate this year, running the PASS South schedule with North Carolina-based Woodman Racing and the North series with his familiar, family-owned No. 23 Super Late Model.

Farrington added another highlight to his resume Saturday night, wheeling outside of Scott McDaniel on lap 44 and pulling away to record his first SLM win at Oxford Plains Speedway. Farrington started 13th on the 22-car grid and was up into contention shortly after halfway.

"It certainly feels like a large weight has been lifted off our shoulders after trying for seven years to get a victory here," Farrington said. " My father has been going to Oxford for nearly three decades, and had never won there as a driver, crew chief or crew member before tonight. This win meant so very much to all of us."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2136491
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Oxford Plains Speedway: Farrington earns first SLM win

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:17 am

Pro All Stars Series‏ @PASSSLM14
This weekend's schedule for PASS 150 "Road To The Oxford 250" qualifier...

Schedule: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBuLrPBXYAEisJz.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Auto Racing