5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby AMO12 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:23 am

"Kira Barra 4 mins ·
New chapter! Ready to go! (USA emoji) (Bear emoji)"



Vachon closed the deal. Great pick up.
AMO12
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Auburn, Maine

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby mainejeff » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

Great to see another 6-2 post player in the fold. Barra seems to have really embraced the players, program and university. I'm glad that she actually visited as well.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby bcbc55 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Just posted on line on bangordailynews.com sports:

Former UMaine Blackbears women's player to return to team for next year after leaving team after her sophomore year a year ago and did not play last season, but still remained in school. She has 2 years of eligibility remaining and is a guard, now with her and Barra they are now up to a 12 player roster.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9509
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby duke11 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Expect To see another familiar face joining the
Coaching staff in near future.
duke11
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby fafan » Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 pm

With Parise coming back to play I think it is becoming apparent why players were choosing to leave the program.
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 03, 2017 4:41 am

fafan wrote:With Parise coming back to play I think it is becoming apparent why players were choosing to leave the program.


???
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby mainejeff » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 am

Some updates on a couple of the UM transfers. I guess that there is no question that Barron brought in quite a talented class...we'll see what they end up doing at their new schools....

http://butlersports.com/news/2017/5/24/ ... oster.aspx

http://www.texastech.com/news/2017/5/12 ... oster.aspx

Not sure how a player that ends up at a perennial wb powerhouse barely received any playing time at UM???? :|
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Interesting that Caceres is going to Butler and Tilana S. to Texas Tech.

Both coaches seem to be very happy about getting these two players and had very positive quotations about their skill level. Must have been basing it on their international experience, certainly not their playing experience at UMaine.

Anyone heard where the other three are going?
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9509
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby waltwhite » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:41 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Interesting that Caceres is going to Butler and Tilana S. to Texas Tech.

Both coaches seem to be very happy about getting these two players and had very positive quotations about their skill level. Must have been basing it on their international experience, certainly not their playing experience at UMaine.

Anyone heard where the other three are going?



Tilana was a perfect example of why we need phonetic names on jerseys. Great post bcbc. Is bobby knight still at Texas tech. I wouldn't want to play for him. I read season on the brink ( book club book?) he seems like a dink. (Excuse the salty language )

WW
2017 bcbc poster of the year
waltwhite
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm

waltwhite wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Interesting that Caceres is going to Butler and Tilana S. to Texas Tech.

Both coaches seem to be very happy about getting these two players and had very positive quotations about their skill level. Must have been basing it on their international experience, certainly not their playing experience at UMaine.

Anyone heard where the other three are going?



Tilana was a perfect example of why we need phonetic names on jerseys. Great post bcbc. Is bobby knight still at Texas tech. I wouldn't want to play for him. I read season on the brink ( book club book?) he seems like a dink. (Excuse the salty language )

WW
2017 bcbc poster of the year


ww: B. Knight is not at Texas Tech, his son took his place at Texas Tech and he is no longer there either.

Guess Texas Tech wanted more daylight then KNIGHT time.

B. Knight was an average at best college player at Ohio State. He played there with Jerry Lucas.

Knight vs. Wooden discipline. Knight a yeller and screamer who believed you got more with vinegar then you did with sugar, 3 NCAA titles at Indiana while John WOODEN BELIEVED YOU GOT MORE WITH SUGAR THAN WITH VINEGAR. Wooden had 10 NCAA titles At UCLA.

Wooden also believed "a coaches best friend (for discipline) was the bench". He should have added the 'wooden bench" as today they are all soft.

Who was right? Who had the most success? 10 to 3

I was a Wooden disciple. Never yelled or screamed just used the bench when I was upset with a player regardless of the reason.

So long as you are fair this is the best coaching method as all players want is playing time and for the coach to be fair about the discipline.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9509
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dunbar, thebam, turkeyman and 59 guests