AE Conference Champs ? Guess Not !

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

AE Conference Champs ? Guess Not !

Postby TAL1957 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 am

Well, UMaine Softball can pretty much wrap up the Regular Season Conference Championship this weekend with a couple of wins down in Vestal, NY, assuming they play all three games. But the ever so popular cancellation of AE games could push the decisive games into next weekend v. UAlbany up in Orono. Either way, it sure is fun to have a UMaine sports team right at the top of the standings this late into a season.

And I'm really intrigued by the 11:00 "PM" game on Sunday as indicated on the Conference website !!? http://www.americaeast.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=6552&SPSID=1042910&DB_OEM_ID=14000
Gonna be a very late bus ride back to Orono !! :o :roll:

Go Get 'em UMaine Black Bears !!!
Last edited by TAL1957 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAL1957

Re: AE Conference Champs ?

Postby TAL1957 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Well blame me I guess; I musta jinxed 'em with the above post ? UMaine Softball drops both games today down in Vestal.

Came back from a 3-run deficit in the first game to tie it, but then just could not match the Bearcats bats (and HRs). Second game was just ugly, ugly and then ... uglier, with Flowers struggling to find the strike-zone and giving numerous free-passes to the 'Cats.

So, they pretty much now need to win out the remaining four games to secure that regular season title, and get some help or it's Binghamton's (with one more against the Bearcats tomorrow, and then the 3-game season finale next weekend v. Albany). :( :( :o
TAL1957

Re: AE Conference Champs ? Guess Not !

Postby TAL1957 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm

And just like that, ......

POOF !!!!
So much for the hoping. Maine gets swept pretty convincingly, dropping today's game 10-2 in 6 innings. Man O' Man them Bearcats can swing the bats !!!

Gotta take at least two from Albany next weekend now just to hold on to second place. :o :( :cry:
TAL1957

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics