5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: 4 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 pm

coachr wrote:Robert Morris College is NOT in Virginia. It is in Pennsylvania. Also, I have a hard time to believe that you sold over 300,000 copies of your book on offense. If that is true, and you make $3.33 per book (which isn't unreasonable), you would have earned 1 million dollars. Just wondering if that was a typo and maybe you meant to say 3000 books.

coachr: Thanks for the correction of where Robert Morris is.

The book sales went all over the world from 1972 to 1977 and it did sell 300,000 copies but I only made 3% OF THE SALES and I can't remember what the book sold back then 45 years. I think I made $54,000.

The publishing company took all of the costs, the printing of the book, it's illustrations, diagrams and the advertising, and everything else, all I did was write it.

I Didn't write the book to make money, I just wanted to get published nationally by a national publishing company.

I also wrote a book on shooting, entitled "Basketball's Scientific and Simplified Methods Manual for Improve Perimeter Shooting Percentages", which was published in 1988 locally in Bangor, Maine which I use for my shooting camps and my individual shooting lessons that I still do. I get them reproduced as I need them and have sold over 30,000 copies of those for camp and lessons.

My school principal took the photos, I had the diagrams and illustrations ready and the book was print ready so all they had to do was make copies and put the book manual together. I used my players for the pictures.

This book I never took this shooting book nationally.
bcbc55

Postby Crunch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:34 am

Yikes...please,people, could we get back to the subject of this thread - the transferring of 5 players. I'm telling you, if the national government is looking for people that can keep secrets, come to the UMaine athletic department. Not only can they keep them but they are willing to transfer! Nobody will know of your visit. Think about it. There is not an iota of information about anything regarding Barron. I can almost get that. But five players on a close knit team individually fill out transfer sheets, submit them and don't tell anyone? None of the remaining players had a clue? Nobody in their social groups? Intelligence agencies - take advantage.
Crunch

Postby TAL1957 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 am

turkeyman wrote: TAL, yeah, it's just the same 20 or so of us who post about this sort of thing. Can't speak for other posters, but my wife might tell you that an old man isn't good for much besides running his mouth. Or keyboard.
:lol: :lol:
Well T-man, that's at least a heck of a lot better than what my wife says about this Ol' Man and his mouth (and supposed "brain") !! :o :shock:

Your posts in particular are Wonderfully Analytic with lots of well-supported analysis and conclusions, and rarely if ever redundant !!
Always pique my interest knowing it'll be on target with the topic at hand and offer me something NEW, usually lots. Happy, Happy Happy !! Thanks.
TAL1957

Duquesne adds Laia Sole to roster

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 am

Matt Randall‏ @mattrandall_ 1
Duquesne WBB announces former Black Bear Laia Sole will play there. She transferred after 1 year in Orono. #mesports

Duquesne adds Laia Sole to roster

..."I chose Duquesne because I love the style of game that the team plays, the winning mentality that the team has and the family spirit between coaches and players," said Solé. "I am really excited to be part of a winning and competitive program, the Duquesne family."

Laia will join her sister Judith on the team, becoming the first-ever sibling duo in program history.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-bask ... 17aaf.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:05 am

Sole, Hernandez Pepe Complete Their Transfers From UMaine Women’s Basketball Team

The UMaine women’s basketball team had 5 players transfer out of the program this spring and a few of them have new homes. Duquesne University announced Laia Sole has transferred into their program. Her sister is on the team. Laia will have to sit next season before contributing there. Sole averaged about 9 and a half points per game last year and was America East 6th Player of the Year. Isabel Hernandez Pepe has completed her transfer from UMaine to St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas. They are a division-II school.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: 5 UM Women's Hoop Players Transferring?

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 am

... Upon the release of the news last month that Sole and four teammates were planning to transfer, she told the BDN via Twitter that UMaine was not the right fit for her.

“I do not know what the future holds for me but I know that I wish the best for this program UMaine because they have fantastic fans that support it,” she said. “I just did not find what I was looking for but I am thankful that I had the opportunity to come to America to play DI.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/24/s ... -duquesne/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Crunch » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Just saw Baranowski at BGR picking up a 6'2"/6'3" young lady wearing a sweatshirt with "Deutschland" written across the chest.
Crunch

Postby mainejeff » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 am

Crunch wrote:Just saw Baranowski at BGR picking up a 6'2"/6'3" young lady wearing a sweatshirt with "Deutschland" written across the chest.

Good catch, Crunch! Keep an eye out for the name Kira Barra.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player ... 07?Women=1
mainejeff

Postby Crunch » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:51 am

Bingo, mainejeff! That's who I saw. I AM impressed!
Crunch

Postby duke11 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:22 am

Signing Bara is a big pickup for Vachon and crew!
duke11

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics