Reid Lanpher:

Maine auto racing talk, anything from NASCAR to off-road..

Reid Lanpher:

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 am

Maranacook Soccer Player is NASCAR Champ

Interesting tidbit forward to mbr...

17-year old Maranacook Striker Reid Lanpher is the 2015 Maine NASCAR Whelen All American Series Champion.

Lanpher also won the 2015 Pro Series Championship at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway and finished 2nd in the 2015 Oxford 250
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Reid Lanpher:

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 am

Maine teen takes step on NASCAR’s development ladder
Reid Lanpher of Manchester will compete in five events on the K&N Pro Series.

MANCHESTER — Just months removed from winning the track championship at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Reid Lanpher is set to embark on a NASCAR career that will get its start at the sanctioning body’s development level.

Lanpher, 17, of Manchester, just outside Augusta, has agreed to run at least five races this season in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series for Connecticut car owner Ted Marsh. The first race will be April 16 at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/17/m ... nt-ladder/
Portland Press Herald - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Reid Lanpher: Maine teen takes step on NASCAR’s developm

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:38 am

updates on Reid ?
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 am

Reid Lanpher wins PASS race at Oxford Plains Speedway
Victory marks 1st career touring series win for Manchester driver.

...The 2015 Beech Ridge Motor Speedway champion debuted a brand new race car this weekend at Oxford.

“It feels pretty good. It’s been a long time,” Lanpher said. “I’m so happy that it’s paid off with all the time and effort we’ve put in. To get a PASS win like this feels pretty good. I’m pumped and ecstatic, and I’m pumped and ecstatic for the crew, as well.”

Canadian driver Cole Butcher finished second for his best career PASS finish, while 2015 Oxford 250 winner Glen Luce, of Turner, finished third. Ben Rowe and multi-time Thunder Road track champion Nick Sweet of Barre, Vermont, rounded out the top five.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/23/ ... -speedway/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 am

Lanpher claims PASS 150 at Oxford

..."The whole team put a lot of hours into this new car over the winter, and it sure paid off here today," Lanpher said. "I'm just so happy to give this team a PASS win. We unloaded strong, and my crew chief, Jason Ricker, knows how to put all the pieces in place. I hope this is an omen for a great season ahead."

Butcher, of Porters Lake, Nova Scotia, started 27th on the 40-car grid and steadily worked his way into contention. While his No. 53 entry was battered at the finish, the savvy young driver was pleased with his efforts.

"This place is quite the challenge," Butcher said. "I said before the race that I'd seen plenty of people come from the back to the front here, so why can't that be us. We just took our time, gaining positions when we could. We may have used our tires up a bit more than we would have liked, but we were still able to come up second. Getting a top three finish at Oxford is quite the accomplishment."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2116252
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 am

Snowmobile crash victim wins PASS North stock car race

...“I was pretty darned excited,” Lanpher, 18, said. “It was my dad’s (Scott) birthday on Saturday and my crew chief’s (Jason Ricker) birthday on Sunday.

“It was pretty cool to get that win for them,” Lanpher, who was also pleased to take the checkered flag for all his family members and friends who have supported him over the years, said.

He said the 40-car field was “pretty stout,” and that made the victory that much sweeter.

“If you look at the top 10, there were only a couple of guys who hadn’t won a PASS race,” Lanpher said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/25/s ... -car-race/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:51 am

Lanpher earns PASS win at Beech Ridge
Reid Lanpher, 18, takes the track's season opener for his second straight PASS victory.

SCARBOROUGH — For those who came to Beech Ridge Motor Speedway for the track’s first race of the season Saturday, the throaty roar of powerful engines and the adrenaline rush of competitive auto racing is a powerful lure.

“It’s just that you love it. It’s a bad addiction,” said 2015 Oxford 250 winner Glen Luce, 49, of Turner. “I just love the competition. I always said that I’d hang it up if we ever won a 250. Two years later, here I am.”

The Pro All-Star Series Beech Ridge 300 drew plenty of older veterans to the one-third mile asphalt oval, but it was 18-year-old Reid Lanpher who had the final say.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/29/a ... ech-ridge/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 am

Lanpher wins PASS 300 at Beech Ridge

...“This is our home track, and it's the biggest race of the year in length,” Lanpher said in Victory Lane. “I just can't believe it; I'm on cloud nine right now after last week. To back it up with another win today is amazing.

“Building a good car is definitely an important part of this game. Car builder Jeff Taylor, my crew chief Jason Ricker and all the guys have a lot of hours into this thing. I owe a huge thanks to them and all of our partners. I couldn't do this without my family and the support of so many people.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ge/2120561
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:18 am

Lanpher continues hot streak at The Ridge

Ever since Manchester's Reid Lanpher and crew chief Jason Rocker of Poland hit the track with their new Super Late Model in late April, things have really gone their way.

First, it was back-to-back wins on the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) North circuit at Oxford and Beech Ridge, then it was weekly checkered flags at both Oxford and the Ridge as weekly racing began.

The 19-tear-old phenom added another impressive win on Saturday, beating Garrett Hall to the stripe by a mere .390 seconds to claim the Pro Series 125. Reigning class champion Curt Gerry led the first half until a broken track bar ended his run. Lanpher is the track's first repeat winner of 2017.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... rd/2152431
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 am

Reid Lanpher in charge at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway
2015 track champion has two wins already this season at Scarborough track.

...Lanpher, of Manchester, holds a 15-point lead over reigning track champion Curt Gerry. Coupled with two Pro All Stars Series (PASS) wins earlier in the season, it’s been a better start than even the 18-year-old Lanpher could have imagined when he debuted a brand new Super Late Model from Distance Racing this spring.

“This has just blown away our expectations for this year. I’ve been surprised myself, honestly,” Lanpher said. “The guys just keep giving me a really good car and, knock on wood, we’ve been able to stay fast.”

After winning his first Pro Series title at Beech Ridge when he was just 16 years old back in 2015, Lanpher came up just 10 points shy of Gerry in the championship chase last season. It’s shaping up as a three-way battle between Lanpher, Gerry and two-time Beech Ridge champion (and the winningest driver in Oxford Plains Speedway history) Mike Rowe this season in Scarborough.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/06/28/ ... -speedway/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Auto Racing