UMaine Football in Portland(twice)

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine Football in Portland(twice)

Postby GOOSIE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 am

Market Pizza Villa, Forest Gardens and Espo's for pre and post game gatherings, abundant street side parking and walking distance from all 3 spots.
The HANDSOME guy wearing the Portland High School baseball cap will have available whiskey nips at 3 dollars per.
GOOSIE

Postby fafan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:41 am

GOOSIE wrote:Market Pizza Villa, Forest Gardens and Espo's for pre and post game gatherings, abundant street side parking and walking distance from all 3 spots.
The HANDSOME guy wearing the Portland High School baseball cap will have available whiskey nips at 3 dollars per.

Glad to see S.Maine fans are liking the idea of College football in Portland. Pregame festivities are as much fun as the game itself. Still hoping UMaine and Portland do what they did for UMaine,Michigan and N.Dakota hockey and cordon off a parking lot and have Shipyard serve beer, have bands and food wagons. That was very well done :D :D :D

If not those are three good choices or according to Manny 99 we can just go and tailgate in the Oaks, that will get your a free ride to the Portland jail :x
PS-Goosie if there is tailgating I'll have the Umaine shotski and there will be no charge ;)
fafan

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Why is it that so many people feel they need to drink before a football game? I would think the adults would try to set an example for the younger students and show them you don't need alcohol to have a good time at a football game.
There is nothing wrong with tailgating with out having booze all around. Sad to see so many young people half in the bag during game time. Just my thoughts.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby fafan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am

Archer Bunker wrote:Why is it that so many people feel they need to drink before a football game? I would think the adults would try to set an example for the younger students and show them you don't need alcohol to have a good time at a football game.
There is nothing wrong with tailgating with out having booze all around. Sad to see so many young people half in the bag during game time. Just my thoughts.

AB

AB, guess you probably have never tailgated. My wife and I spend alot of time preparing food for our UMaine tailgating. It is way more about how family and friends can meet, especially now that I have 2 sons who reside in S.Maine, and catching up on their lives then drinking. We bring non alcoholic beverages as well as alcoholic and leave it to the adults to decide what they choose to drink. It is too bad that some people can't understand this or have never had the opportunity to tailgate. Anyways, still looking forward to football at the Fitzy and making the trip south.
GO BLUE!!!
fafan

Postby thebam » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 am

Archer Bunker wrote:Why is it that so many people feel they need to drink before a football game? I would think the adults would try to set an example for the younger students and show them you don't need alcohol to have a good time at a football game.

AB

This is your worst post ever.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm

I like getting drunk just in case the game sucks. :)
mainejeff

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics