Mainers playing in 2017 College season:

post info & talk all things baseball...

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:51 am

How are Mainers playing college baseball faring in College in 2017
post any stories, links, info ....

Lambert makes Assumption roster as a freshman

WORCESTER, MA — The Assumption College Department of Athletics has announced that Benjamin Lambert, of Saco, has earned a coveted spot on the 2017 Assumption College baseball team. Lambert, Class of 2020, will compete during the Greyhounds’ spring season, which began in late February when the team traveled to the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, NC, for a four-game series, followed by nine games during their annual spring break trip to Florida.

“As a program, we are very excited about the start of the 2017 season,” said fourth-year head baseball coach Mike Rocco. “Being able to go down to Cary, NC, and Florida for spring break are great opportunities for us to go out and compete against some competitive programs.”

http://www.journaltribune.com/news/2017 ... shman.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:49 am

Reliever from Moscow making immediate impact at UMaine

ORONO, Maine — When freshman reliever Cody Laweryson took the mound for the University of Maine against the University of Miami on March 14 in Coral Gables, Florida, there were 1,815 more people in the stands (2,327) than live in his hometown of Moscow (512).

“We mess with him about being from a small town. But he can play some ball, for sure,” said UMaine junior catcher Jon Bennett.

The tall right-hander wasn’t fazed by the atmosphere, tossing 1 2/3 innings of no-hit, shutout ball with three strikeouts.

“I had never pitched in an atmosphere like that before,” said the former three-sport standout at Class D Upper Kennebec Valley High in Bingham (enrollment 70). “The fans got into it. They try to get into your head.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/07/s ... at-umaine/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Lambert makes Assumption roster as a freshman

Postby HolidayInn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 am

Good to see these and other young men representing Maine well. Not easy for young players with limited exposure doing well early. I try to keep track of ME players in college representing ME. Lambert has pitched 20 innings with an .98 ERA and was NE - 10 rookie of week early in season. Greenburg (Jr. Fordham) starting rotation as freshman, Wessell (Sr. URI) has been a consistent contributor to team since freshman, Twomey (So. Wheaton) hitting .390 currently, Courtney, and many others on local teams. I love to see a roster made up kids from all over with a player from ME. listed. Any player that makes an impact helps promote the state as a place colleges need to consider looking for talent. The Edge academy has done a lot to help. Hitters Count is newer, but not far behind. The brief information shared above is simply to point out these are Maine players doing well.

Specific to Lawyerson, there was little doubt he was the player that projected best for college from last years group. He has the combination of size and ability. His body still hasn't fully developed. I saw the article about coach saying he was a diamond in rough. It was obvious, but coach needs to take credit for seeing this talent and pursuing. Regardless if due to money or recruiting, it was good that they could keep him in ME.
HolidayInn

Re: Mainers playing in 2017 College season:

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:59 am

SP Baseball‏ @redriotbaseball
Former Red Riot @HenryCurran148 earned his first win of the season throwing five shutout innings while striking out five against Colby
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby wings » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:33 am

Lawrence's Derek Bowen thriving after move to UMF...

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/10/ ... ve-to-umf/

Last night DBow pounded out three hits, going 3 for 5 to continue his hot start.
wings

Postby SoxFan1966 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 am

Lots of Mainers thriving with USM this year......

http://southernmainehuskies.com/sports/ ... g.facebook
SoxFan1966

Postby ckbatman13 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 am

From Rensselaer Polytech Institute's (DIII) website: Freshman righthander Griffin Kelley (South Portland, ME) earned his first collegiate win on the hill, allowing two runs (1 earned) on two hits in 2.0 innings vs. Fitchburg State.
ckbatman13

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:10 am

Cody Laweryson puts out fires for UMaine baseball team
Former Valley pitcher shining out of Black Bears' bullpen.

... It was a situation where we were just trying to stop the bleeding,” Derba said. “Then he does it again. He consistently goes out and does the job. He just goes and pitches. It doesn’t matter who’s in the box.”

On March 5, Laweryson pitched 4 2/3 shutout innings in Maine’s 5-4, 18-inning marathon win over St. Bonaventure. He entered the game with one out in the sixth inning, with the bases full of Bonnies. A strikeout and a popup later, and the game was still tied at 3-3.

Laweryson earned his first career win on April 2 with 2 1/3 scoreless innings in an America East Conference win over UMass-Lowell. He followed that with a conference win over Hartford with a perfect ninth inning, won when the Black Bears scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the inning.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/14/ ... ball-team/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:07 am

Central Maine Sports‏ @CentralMEsports
Dylan Hapworth emerges as ‘special player' @usmhuskies, @TLazarczykMTM reports. http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/20/ ... er-at-usm/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby box107 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am

Baseball: Parker Maintains Mastery of Western in Warriors' 9-0 Little East Victory

https://easternct.prestosports.com/spor ... 0418wcgvgw
box107

Next

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur