AD for a month

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: AD for a month

Postby nhsfan4life » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:58 pm

thebam wrote:1. Day 1, I would announce the elimination of Women's hockey and the formation of a committee to investigate the feasibility of starting up Men's and Women's Lacrosse. Dollars and cents and logistically.

2. Announce that we will be funding the installation of ice into the Cross Center in Bangor and all home hockey games would be played there. Alfond arena would be , again, renovated , into a state of the art practice and training facility.

3. Announce the planned construction for a parking garage adjacent to Alfond Stadium.

4. Announce plans for partnering with the City of Orono to expand tailgating areas on and around campus.

5. Renovate Alfond Stadium in a manner in which it is closed in on 3 sides, with suites and offices along with a giant scoreboard on 1 end.

6. Get approval to sell beer at all home sporting events.

7. Reach out to ALL alumni from football and hockey ( especially the pros) to have them assist in the funding of these upgrades.

8. Find a state of the art marketing company to handle all UMaine athletics. A company that will get people from all areas of Maine excited about Maine athletics.

Now, this is what I'm talking about. I don't agree with you on the Crosscenter angle, but it's an idea nonetheless, and one that I think should be LOOKED at, simply because a new rink may just cost too much money.
nhsfan4life

Postby thebam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 am

I could have said , replace Alfond Arena with a new hockey arena attached to the parking garage along with the football stadium.. but let's be real.. until Maine even sniffs another NCAA tournament (which according to 1 BDN person will be next year) nobody is going to support even breaking ground for a new arena, much less paying for the whole thing.
thebam

Postby nhsfan4life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 am

thebam wrote:I could have said , replace Alfond Arena with a new hockey arena attached to the parking garage along with the football stadium.. but let's be real.. until Maine even sniffs another NCAA tournament (which according to 1 BDN person will be next year) nobody is going to support even breaking ground for a new arena, much less paying for the whole thing.

And I personally don't think we sniff another tournament until we get a new rink. It's not a good situation, that's for sure.
nhsfan4life

Postby thebam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:21 am

I think we can get back to the tournament with existing facilities, but to sustain it and get back to competing for Frozen Fours, it's going to take an upgrade to get and keep quality players to get us there.
thebam

Postby TAL1957 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 pm

thebam wrote:...... I could have said , .....
Oh Yeah !!!
TAL1957

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics