Will UMAINE move up to 1A Football anytime soon

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Will UMAINE move up to 1A Football anytime soon

Postby thebam » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I certainly don't recall doing any name calling. Saying that someone's idea is a fairy tale is not name calling. There are 2 examples in this entire thread where I have been namecalled because someone didn't like that I vehemently disagreed with a flawed plan for my beloved University program.
I once sent an email to the BDN ripping them for their lack of coverage on Maine athletics.. guess what happened? I was offered to write my own blog for the paper. I declined, as I don't have that kind of time or creativity, but I digress.. This idea could be put forth by the author , probably with a simple request to the sports editor. That is unless the author is merely trying to rile people up and doesn't really want to put his name to such far fetched , unrealistic propaganda.
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 pm

thebam wrote:I certainly don't recall doing any name calling. Saying that someone's idea is a fairy tale is not name calling. There are 2 examples in this entire thread where I have been namecalled because someone didn't like that I vehemently disagreed with a flawed plan for my beloved University program.
I once sent an email to the BDN ripping them for their lack of coverage on Maine athletics.. guess what happened? I was offered to write my own blog for the paper. I declined, as I don't have that kind of time or creativity, but I digress.. This idea could be put forth by the author , probably with a simple request to the sports editor. That is unless the author is merely trying to rile people up and doesn't really want to put his name to such far fetched , unrealistic propaganda.

thebam: I didn't accuse you of anything. Do you have a guilty conscience? I just happened to respond to you accusing basketball__guy of name "callin" and I said he didn't start doing it until he was name called first and I did not list anyone who did that Did I?

Then I explained why it would be so much better if we all just agreed to disagree in a positive not negative manner.

My if the shoe fits comment I reffered to THEM no individuals.

So read my posts a little more carefully before you become so defensive to my post.

By the way basketball__guy has posted his real name here on MBR and that is a lot more then many of his name callers have done except for TAL1957.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:33 pm

My real name has been associated with many many posts. I will own my opinions every single time. sometimes those opinions are not popular , but I am an opinionated guy. I try very hard to do some minimal research to back up my opinions however and not just bloviate data that is inaccurate in order to garner a response. I am more than willing to disagree and have done so many many times.
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 pm

thebam wrote:My real name has been associated with many many posts. I will own my opinions every single time. sometimes those opinions are not popular , but I am an opinionated guy. I try very hard to do some minimal research to back up my opinions however and not just bloviate data that is inaccurate in order to garner a response. I am more than willing to disagree and have done so many many times.

thebam: I apologize for not remembering that you have used your real name to SOME of your posts or responses to posts.

So TAL1957, turkeyman, basketball__guy, You and me are the only people here on MBR besides Tom that use their real names sometimes on our posts and responses to posts.

I just wish more would let their real names be on MBR especially when they dump on fellow posters when they disagree with them. It would just be so much more classy by agreeing to disagree in a polite manner.

You are certainly no more opinionated than I am or some others are here on MBR. I respect that entirely.

I know I am an unorthodox thinker as far as basketball goes. but I have always been that way as a player, coach, official, AD, author, TV-Radio color commentator and now as a writer.

I do enjoy your posts and post responses.
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 pm

I have decided not to waste my time on the mbr board. If you don't call the remarks below insulting then I don't know what to call them. Its garbage in my opinion.

Postby TAL1957 » 24 Mar 2017 17:02

Man O' Man, ... What a DEAD HORSE discussion !!
Course that's a vast improvement from the original post that started this I guess ???

Can we just move on to getting an NHL team into Portland !!! I hear the Devils are lookin to relocate, and Portland, ME is one of the top prospects, especially if the Raiders move there instead of Vegas !?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o :o :o

Keep posting on this, it sure helps to prove what Mama Gump said ..... i.e., ya just can't fix st---d !
And st---d is as st---d (keeps) Does !! Amen Mama G. !!!
Jus sayin' folks. Let's keep discussin' such a worthwhile "idea" ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:o :o :o :o :o

Wow, there really are some troubled Old Guys out there, with low oxygen in the tank ! ???
TAL1957

Postby thebam » 24 Mar 2017 18:16

I hear ya Tim, but refuting this nonsense is such low hanging fruit.. I can't help myself sometimes. 8-)
thebam

basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:28 pm

basketball_guy wrote:I have decided not to waste my time on the mbr board. If you don't call the remarks below insulting then I don't know what to call them. Its garbage in my opinion.

Course that's a vast improvement from the original post that started this I guess ???

Can we just move on to getting an NHL team into Portland !!! I hear the Devils are lookin to relocate, and Portland, ME is one of the top prospects, especially if the Raiders move there instead of Vegas !?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o :o :o

Keep posting on this, it sure helps to prove what Mama Gump said ..... i.e., ya just can't fix st---d !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:o :o :o :o :o

Wow, there really are some troubled Old Guys out there, with low oxygen in the tank ! ???
TAL1957

I hear ya Tim, but refuting this nonsense is such low hanging fruit.. I can't help myself sometimes. 8-)
thebam

Charles: I read you. Real sorry to see you go, but you will make some people on here happy, but that reduces by one the number of persons that they can dump on and insult.

So long friend. Good to know you and I did enjoy your interesting, thoughtful and informative posts.

Enjoyed the back and forth with you.

Bob Cimbollek
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:31 pm

hmmm.. your fairytale is nonsense. A majority of people agree with that. If you find that insulting, I can't help you. You proposed something so insane that suggesting that Donald Trump might someday be President doesn't seem that far fetched anymore. You are a 1 man army on this crusade and you have your panties in a bunch because people are trying to tell you how warped this idea is. It makes zero sense on every conceivable level. So, you can leave .. tuck your tail and run.. whatever you want to call it.. don't leave on our account. come back to the table with something logical that more than you and you alone can get behind and you will find these boards more accommodating to your fragile physchie.
thebam

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 am

basketball_guy wrote:I have decided not to waste my time on the mbr board. If you don't call the remarks below insulting then I don't know what to call them. Its garbage in my opinion.

.......->> ...

TAL1957

thebam
Bye-Bye. :roll: :D

Don't see anywhere that thebam posted anything above or anywhere else that "name-called", just pointed out how ridiculous it is to think this is a such a great idea, as this bb_guy, and only bb_guy, seems to think (and then rant about). thebam wins on that one bub. :roll:

As for me, ya repeatedly post something blatantly ridiculous and st---d, and I'm gonna call it ridiculous and st---d, just becuz It Is !!
If that is considered "name-calling" (or was it the "Old Guys" reference that hurt you so deeply ?), well boo-hoo kiddies. Sorry if I hurt ya feelin's. :( :cry: :cry:

Shoulda just stuck with the very first post on this topic bb_guy and left it at that, albeit as dunbar quickly pointed out, .... There is No Such Thing as "1A", or D1-A, NCAA College Football. But to go all nutso (uh-oh, more name-calling there I "guess"? :roll: ) on what a great idea it is, the whole legislature and Gov. thing, etc., etc., etc., .... Well, ...
... it is what it is, Eh Mama Gump ?

But I digress, .... Bye-Bye "bb_stud". :o :o :o :shock: :evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 am

TAL1957 wrote:Bye-Bye. :roll: :D

He'll be back....under a new alias. Afterall, this IS MBR Land. :roll: Psychologists would have a field day with some of the posters on this board! ;)
mainejeff

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

And all you clowns said it would never happen and you call yourselves experts in UMAINE Sports. This is just the first move and I am surprised it happened this year but the sooner the better I always say. It is a new day in UMAINE football.....I feel somewhat vindicated now....

Orono, Maine -- The University of Maine athletics department and Learfield today announced a partnership with Gorham Savings Bank to bring UMaine football back to Portland, Maine for the first time since 2005.

The first game of the partnership will be UMaine's annual Jeff Cole Memorial spring scrimmage, held at Fitzpatrick Stadium on Saturday, May 6 at 4 p.m. The Black Bears will return to Portland for a regular season date with Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) opponent Delaware on Saturday, Nov. 4.

"We are very excited to play our annual Jeff Cole spring scrimmage and our regular season game against Delaware in Portland," Harasymiak said. "We would like to thank Gorham Savings Bank for jumping on board and helping us in our quest to spread UMaine athletics throughout the state of Maine. Portland is a great city with passionate fans. Our fans in Orono have done a tremendous job building a fun and exciting atmosphere at home and we look forward to generating that same vibe in Portland. We are thrilled to play in front of new faces and gain some new fans with these games."

UMaine Athletics is proud to once again partner with Gorham Savings Bank to bring the Black Bears to Portland. During the 2015-16 season, UMaine and Gorham Savings Bank partnered to bring the Ice Breaker Hockey Tournament to Portland.

"Bringing UMaine Athletics to greater Portland is a wonderful way to allow fans from this area, who may not make it to Orono as often as they'd like, to see some exciting college games. It's also a great opportunity to introduce fans, from points north and elsewhere, to all Portland has to offer," said Chris Emmons, CEO of Gorham Savings. "We're excited to help bring this UMaine Athletic event to the area."

UMaine football last competed in Portland on Oct. 1, 2005 when it defeated Albany, 31-7.

"We are thrilled to once again partner with Gorham Savings Bank to bring UMaine Athletics to our wonderful fan base in southern Maine," said Director of Athletics, Karlton Creech. "The support we receive from Black Bear Nation in Portland is tremendous. We sincerely thank Chris Emmons and his staff at Gorham Savings Bank for their gracious backing over the years in joining us to bring the Black Bears to Portland."

Fitzpatrick Stadium, a 6,300 seat multi-purpose outdoor stadium, was renovated in 2015 when the city of Portland replaced the artificial turf with a new layer of GreenFields turf.

UMaine football season members will have the choice to include their Portland ticket in their package. If you wish to not included the Portland tickets with your membership, season members will have the choice to exchange their Portland ticket for extra tickets to one of UMaine's four home games at Alfond Stadium. All students will receive free admission to the Portland game with a MaineCard.

Single game ticket information, as well as a game time for the November contest, will be announced at a later date.
basketball_guy

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics