Football 2017::

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: 2017 UM Football:: spring dates begin April 3!

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:47 am

Former UMaine hockey captain signs with ECHL’s Adirondack Thunder

...“It definitely helped me get a job. It made the difference,” said former Black Bears two-time, all-conference defensive lineman Mike DeVito, who signed as an undrafted free agent with the New York Jets and had a nine-year, 110-game NFL career before retiring a year ago.

“It’s good for the guys to get out and showcase what they have,” UMaine head coach Joe Harasymiak said.

“It went great, a lot better than I expected,” Holden native and former John Bapst of Bangor standout Max Andrews, UMaine’s starting center last season, said. “I definitely surprised myself. I had been experiencing some pain from an abdominal strain. I had been worried about that for the past couple of months. But everything felt good, my confidence was up, everybody was watching.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/23/s ... -audition/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 am

Black Bears hope to measure up at Pro Day
Nine current and former UMaine football players work out for NFL and CFL scouts Thursday in Orono.

... “I think it was just more showing them I am 300 pounds and I move a lot better than most 300-pound guys,” said Ricard. “I think it was just (about) showing my athleticism mostly.”

Ricard, Collins and Andrews were joined by wide receiver Jordan Dunn, linebacker Christophe Mulumba Tshimanga, tight end Jeremy Salmon and punter James DeMartini from last fall’s 6-5 team. Also working out were former Black Bears Damarr Aultman and Baltimore Sherrod.

They were each looking to make the type of impression Trevor Bates made last year. The Westbrook native drew 10 scouts to Maine’s Pro Day a year ago, was drafted by the Colts and is now with the Super Bowl champion Patriots.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/23/b ... t-pro-day/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:00 am

NFL scouts attend UMaine football pro day
- http://www.wcsh6.com/sports/nfl-scouts- ... /425400209
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:33 am

Downtown with Rich Kimball: Joe Harasymiak on Pro Day

Maine football coach Joe Harasymiak filled us in on the Black Bears’ Pro Day and took a look ahead to the spring session.

http://www.downtownwithrichkimball.com/ ... k-3-23-17/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby fafan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:12 am

Tom Nolette wrote:Downtown with Rich Kimball: Joe Harasymiak on Pro Day

Maine football coach Joe Harasymiak filled us in on the Black Bears’ Pro Day and took a look ahead to the spring session.

Take the time, 10 minutes to listien to coach Harasymiak(can even spell and pronounce it correctly), and tell me you are not excited about this team. From the potential NFL draft or free agency of 6 Maine players to the spring BLue & White game to the "Thursday throwdown at UNH" to open the season.
Out of all the programs I am so excited by the challenges and yet expectations as to beat the JMU's, Villanova and UNH's of the league. Coach H may be the best hire at UMaine in recent times. He brings that youthful enthusiasm yet honesty and respect as in calling out the team's inability to beat UNH. I am so drinking this teams Koolaid. Cannot wait till the Spring game to see which one of the 3 possible QB's starts to show they can lead this 2017-2018 team.
I wish I could get Rich Kimball and the 620am sports show as it so much better at covering UMaine sports than it's competitor ;)

Forget the dome conversation, although I am intrigued by the potential to play one game in Portland if the City could upgrade the Fitzy, and come back to reality and support this team in winning the CAA.
GO BLUE!!!
fafan

Postby mainejeff » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

This is the first Spring game that I might actually attend. This is definitely the premiere sports program at UM now.
mainejeff

Postby reggierho » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:58 pm

It's good to be back in good old pessimistic Mainejeff land! The team is returning a ton of seniors and extremely good players on both sides of the ball. Let's not forget the great run the team went on last season and factors that kept us out of the playoffs. Coach H's team has done an excellent job with recruiting a QB and Kicker and some immediate impact players. Coach C has learned from his mistakes last season. And the rest of the young lions are hungry. I predict a 4-1 or 3-2 start and run through the bottom of the schedule. If we make it to the playoffs, we definitely will win it all! We have the ability to beat every team in FCS. Its going to come down to coaching.
reggierho

Postby mainejeff » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Why are you showing up out of the blue & trying to pick a fight with me "reggiebro"? My god...these aliases on here are so predictable.... :oops: :roll:
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 am

fafan wrote:
Tom Nolette wrote:Downtown with Rich Kimball: Joe Harasymiak on Pro Day

Take the time, 10 minutes to listen to coach Harasymiak (can even spell and pronounce it correctly), and tell me you are not excited about this team. From the potential NFL draft or free agency of 6 Maine players to the spring BLue & White game to the "Thursday throwdown at UNH" to open the season. ...
GO BLUE!!!
AMEN fafan !!!
Coach H. has totally rejuvenated and brought incredible energy and professionalism and excellent PR and associated communication skills to the UMaine Black Bears Football Program !

GO BEARS !!!!
TAL1957

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 am

UM SportsPerformance‏ @BlackBearsSP
@blackbearsfb working on that gameface. Out of hibernation and back to the gridiron April 3rd. @… https://www.instagram.com/p/BSKIlniA1mb/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics