MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby TheOneArmMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 am

97Alum wrote:against a sub D3 team.

Great, good job.


You mean against what is now his peers in the college basketball world? Who also hung a L on a DI (are we even really DI?) team.....
User avatar
TheOneArmMan
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 am
Location: Durham, ME

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby kgbasics » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:49 pm

97Alum wrote:against a sub D3 team.

Great, good job.


WOW! :lol:
You continue to dig your hole because you can't seem to admit your mouth moves before you inform yourself.
Scholarship schools have significant advantages over non-scholarship schools. UMFK is moving in the direction of a D2 school. Their players are scholarship players and they play a strong schedule. They are well coached and have size and talent. Of course, you weren't at the game, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Too bad! You obviously have an interest in basketball. You should become a life long student so you can enjoy it better and know what you're talking about.
kgbasics
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

For anyone interested.

The United States Collegiate Athletic Association Division 1 is ranked 7th out the 11 levels of men's college basketball in the country.

Didn't that USCAA team from FK beat D-1MAINE ON THEIR HOME PRACTICE COURT "THE PIT"?

The USCAA is made up of small colleges, community colleges and JUCO's.

Just the facts, man, just the facts.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9614
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: UM Men's Basketball 2017 Recruiting

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Mainebballer wrote:
97Alum wrote:
BCBC55 wrote

97: Heights/statue are just my opinion, but I used that just to prove a point of why UMaine does not recruit BIGS successfully and when they have one they don't improve them or use them properly.

But don't forget UMSF started this height thing when Walsh was first hired so he must have been speculating too.

And BZ stated that Maine does not have an assistant coach who specializes in developing BIGS.

So I don't think I am not alone in my thinking about the height of the UMaine men's coaching staff effects it style of play, it's recruiting process and not getting BIGS so far in their tenure and when and if they get one will they use him offensively more than they did Till Gloger..

Just trying to explain to MBRers who are concerned of not getting a legitimate BIG in 3 cycles of recruiting.



But herein lies your problem.

While UMSF used it as an amusing anecdote, you are trying to pass it off as fact as though you researched it and it is quantifiable.

You didn't do that. It's not a proven fact. It's not the answer to a trivia question. It's something you made up in your head and now are passing off as a truth. It very well could be accurate. I don't know. But neither do you.

It makes it hard to sift through all of your bogus points to find the rare kernel of interest when you blather on and make up "facts" to fit your argument.

Go back to posting on your blog page which no one was reading or responding to, and stop burying a topic where people are actually discussing (intelligently) UMaine basketball. Tom gave you your very own sandbox, go play in it, and stay out of the adult conversations.


LOOKS LIKE there are others who perceive bcbc55's ramblings to be the product of an imaginative mind only versed in unfounded, unsubstantiated beliefs.


MAINEBBALLER: READ THE MEMO TO YOU AND TAL1957 FROM ME. IT IS ONLY 8 POSTS DOWN FROM THIS ONE AT THIS VERY MOMENT ON 2/25/17 @ 12:42pm
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9614
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Mainebballer wrote:A memo from bcbc55?
The preference is to not read anything from his addlepated mind.

]

mainebballer: Just what I thought, you can give it out the criticism but you can't take the criticism. So I'm done dealing with a big "know it all".....just a waste of my valu ablelittle time that I have left.

Maybe TAL1957 will have the intestinal fortitude to read it, at least he had the courage to list his own real name.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9614
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Mainebballer wrote:bcbc55. I'll accept criticism when I'm proven wrong.

It's a philosophy you should undertake.


Mainebballer: Until you read my MEMO to You and TAL1957 I am done communicating with you. I don't care if you respond to it or not just read it. If you dare....If you don't read it then it will be just as I thought just a talker with no intestinal fortitude when he can't get his own way.

Goodbye mainebballer or is it mainecrbabyballer?

Go find someone else to criticize with your know it all D-1 basketball upity attitude.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9614
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:17 pm

mainebballer: Now bring up my obituary, Wow, That is a great way to post when you don't agree with someone.

Show how desperate are you to make your point(s)!!

As I said I admit to being unorthodox what more do you want?

Ever hear about being a "Late bloomer" in basketball? well maybe, just maybe was one and as was able to compete against the players that would have played with at UMaine if transferred. Maine must have thought so or they wouldn't have been felt me out about transferring to UMaine would they?

You want me to stop posting, well the D-1 season will probably be over for UMaine men on March 1 when they have to visit Vermont and then you will have your wish. as at my age of 79, be 80 in September if I make it.

Maybe won't make to next basketball season and then you won't have to put up with me or vice versa.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9614
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby fromthebench » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Maineballer, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Maine lost to virtually every low level D3 team in Maine? USM, Husson, UMFK? Logically, it would seem to me that there must be players on those teams that could not only contribute but start at Maine? :)
fromthebench
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: MBB: 2016-17 Rebuilding seeks stability, upward mobility

Postby Patsfan07 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:58 pm

fromthebench wrote:Maineballer, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Maine lost to virtually every low level D3 team in Maine? USM, Husson, UMFK? Logically, it would seem to me that there must be players on those teams that could not only contribute but start at Maine? :)


Actually, it tells me that maybe UMaine should join the Little East or NAC. ;)
Patsfan07
 
Posts: 3333
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tee2green and 55 guests