So what's going on at Fort Kent

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

So what's going on at Fort Kent

Postby geezil » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:46 pm

...........The following is their roster--note that McCloskey from Howland is one player with Maine ties; also on the roster is another player from Lee. The coach is Tom Bird who played for Lee.

http://athletics.umfk.edu/roster/mbball/2016/

...........Bird holds a record that the MPA doesn't keep (but I do) and that is shooting 24 consecutive foul shots (yes 24-24) in a regular high school game.

..........In case you live in Suburbia (like SOPO, Falmouth, etc.), you would never know that they beat DIV 1 Maine 80-75 at the pit.
geezil

Re: So what's going on at Fort Kent

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:21 pm

geezil wrote:...........The following is their roster--note that McCloskey from Howland is one player with Maine ties; also on the roster is another player from Lee. The coach is Tom Bird who played for Lee.

http://athletics.umfk.edu/roster/mbball/2016/

...........Bird holds a record that the MPA doesn't keep (but I do) and that is shooting 24 consecutive foul shots (yes 24-24) in a regular high school game.

..........In case you live in Suburbia (like SOPO, Falmouth, etc.), you would never know that they beat DIV 1 Maine 80-75 at the pit.

G: Or maybe your headline should include: So what is going on at Orono added to so what is going on at Fort Kent....right now I would say a lot is going on at FK and not much is going on at Orono.

I know Tom Bird, reffed some of his games when he was playing at Lee Academy.

Going to do an article on Fort Kent and Tom in my first Bangor Daily News "Off the Rim" column next Tuesday as my first basketball column for the year.

Tom in his third year at UMFK has done an outstanding coaching job.
bcbc55

Re: So what's going on at Fort Kent

Postby MBRer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:39 am

Geezil,

I thought you may have picked up on the " bird effect"

Congrats to coach and team on a hell of a preseason win !
MBRer

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)