Basketball - Women 2016-17

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Basketball - Women 2016-17

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:16 am

UMFK Hires new Women's Basketball Coach

Fort Kent, Me (WAGM) - The University of Maine Fort Kent will have a new women's basketball coach. Daniel Johnson takes over for Travis Delisle who stepped down to spend more time with his family. Johnson was a volunteer Assistant at Malone University last year
The Bengals made it to the USCAA National Tournament this past year. UMFK lost in the semifinal round. Johnson inherits a team that lost four starters last season.He is looking forward to the challenge of rebuilding the team and see it as a fun task to be able to mold a team in his vision.

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/UM ... 97621.html
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: UMFK Hires new Women's Basketball Coach

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 am

UMaine at Fort Kent names new women’s basketball coach

“I’m looking forward to jumping right in, and I believe it will be a challenge, but a fun task to be able to mold a team in my vision.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/04/15/s ... all-coach/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: UMFK Hires new Women's Basketball Coach

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:57 am

UMFK's new Women's Basketball Coach hits the ground recruiting

Fort Kent, Me (WAGM) - The University of Maine Fort Kent new women's basketball coach Daniel Johnson is already on campus and already beating the pavement looking for new recruits.

Johnson:" I have already hit the pavement. I have e mail every local Athletic Director and all my prior contacts who have not committed anywhere."

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/UM ... 77811.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

CMCC Women's Basketball Adds Spruce Mountain's Moore

Postby MattyB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:34 am

Auburn, ME - Rylee Moore of Spruce Mountain High School has committed to attend CM next year to play women's basketball and study Life Sciences. Moore, a National Honor Society member, has been on the Honor Roll all 4 years at Spruce Mountain, and is ranked in the Top 10 of her graduating class. She was also a KVAC All-Academic Team member for both soccer and basketball.

In addition to her academic awards, Moore was also named her teams Most Improved Player as a junior, and the teams Coaches Award winner as a senior. She was named a Honorable Mention All-Star by the KVAC.

Read more: http://cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2015- ... 0426pzp6bn
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Colby Women

Postby imposter » Thu May 12, 2016 8:28 am

imposter

Bergeron to lead Seawolves Women’s Basketball

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 25, 2016 5:32 am

Bergeron to lead Seawolves Women’s Basketball

South Portland, MAINE –Director of Athletics Matt Richards is pleased to announce that Katie Bergeron has been named Head Women's Basketball Coach for Southern Maine Community College. Bergeron becomes the seventh coach in program history.

Bergeron comes to SMCC having most recently serving as Assistant Coach at South Portland High School helping the Red Riots to a Southern Maine regional finals appearance. Prior to that Bergeron played and coached oversees in Denmark as well as England. She also served one season as an assistant coach at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA.

"I was extremely impressed with Katie during the interview process and feel she will be not only lead the program in a successful manner but will also be an outstanding role model to her players and the other student athletes within the department," stated Richards.

A Maine native, Bergeron graduated from Bowdoin College in 2011 where she was a 1,000 point scorer as well as being captain her senior season.

"I am very excited to take on the role as Head Women's Basketball Coach at Southern Maine Community College. I am extremely passionate about Maine Basketball and coaching, developing and mentoring young women and I'm eager to start my college coaching career at an institution that focuses on preparing and empowering their students for success after college," stated Bergeron.

SMCC release: http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/general/ ... 0524lbl3lx
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Bergeron to lead Seawolves Women’s Basketball

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed May 25, 2016 5:41 am

Congrats to Coach Bergeron and the SMCC program ..

a little more on Katie' from SP girls basketball where she assisted last year. ..
Coach Bergeron graduated from Old Town High School (class of 2006) and attended the Taft School in 2007. She graduated from Bowdoin College in 2011 with a double major in government/legal studies and sociology. She received her MS in Sports Business Administration in 2013 and her MS in Sport Law/Society in 2014 from Leeds Metropolitan University.

While a student at Old Town HS she was a four-year varsity soccer starter, participated in outdoor track for three years and was a four-year starter in basketball earning first-team All-Confernce and McDonald's All-American honors. She participated in soccer basketball and track while attending the Taft School. She was a four-year member of the Bowdoin women's basketball team, where she was a 1,000 point scorer, Maine Rookie of the Year (2008), NEWBA Senior All-Star (2011), Maine State Player of the Year (2011), First-Team All-NESCAC (2011) and served as captain during the 2010-2011 season.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Bergeron to lead Seawolves Women’s Basketball

Postby Hendu » Wed May 25, 2016 7:06 am

Congrats to Coach Katie! She will be missed by the SPHS Girls Basketball program. All the best at SMCC.
Hendu

Re: Colby Women

Postby MattyB » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:50 am

WATERVILLE, Maine -- Brittany Gaetano, head coach at Drew University since 2010 and a former assistant at Amherst College, is the new head coach of the Colby College women's basketball program.

A four-year starter during her playing days at St. Lawrence University, Gaetano starts at Colby on August 1.

"We are thrilled to have Brittany joining us to lead our women's basketball program. We were all very impressed with her as a person and as a coach," said Tim Wheaton, Colby's Harold Alfond Director of Athletics. "Her personality and character coupled with her experience as a top NESCAC assistant and as a Division III head coach have her well prepared to lead the program forward."

Colby finished 15-11 last year and made the New England Small College Athletic Conference semifinals. The Mules return 11 players, but lost three starters to graduation.

"I knew Colby was a special place as soon as I got on campus," Gaetano said. "There is a great sense of community, and I felt an energy and excitement from everyone that was really contagious."

Gaetano played her first year at St. Lawrence under current Amherst women's basketball coach G.P. Gromacki. She helped the Saints go 78-27 in her four years, was a three-time Liberty League All-Conference Team selection, and a three-time conference all-academic team honoree.

A 2007 graduate of St. Lawrence, Gaetano's first job was with Gromacki in his first year at Amherst. The Purple & White went 88-8 in Gaetano's three years, had three NCAA Division III Tournament appearances, went to the NCAA Final Four twice, and won two New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) titles.

"I am incredibly grateful for all the past basketball experiences I have been afforded,” said Gaetano, who earned her master's degree at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. “I’m extremely excited to be back in the NESCAC and coach the highly driven student-athletes that Colby attracts.”

Drew gave Gaetano her first opportunity as a head coach, and she helped the 2013-14 team earn the most conference wins since the school moved to the Landmark Conference. She was active on and off the court, representing Drew at the NCAA Diversity and Inclusion Forum in April 2016. Gaetano also earned the Drew Civic Engagement Staff Leadership Award (2013), The Arc of New Jersey Distinguished Community Service Award (2012), and the Arc/Morris Best Friend Award (2012).

Arc/Morris is an organization dedicated to the care, support, and advancement of people with intellectual and related developmental disabilities and their families. Gaetano was the founder and lead instructor for Leadership in Physical Fitness with Arc/Morris. She also was the lead advisor for Drew Unified Sports, which organized weekly practices and competitions in which Drew students and Special Olympic athletes compete together on the same playing field.

"I took a similar class as a student at St. Lawrence and decided to implement it with my team at Drew. The positive effect it had on all of us was profound," Gaetano said. "It's one of the things I will miss most, and I am hopeful to start something like this at Colby."
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Halvorson named UMPI women's basketball coach

Postby Media » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 am

Halvorson named UMPI women's basketball coach

Tracy Halvorson is the new women's basketball coach. Halvorson played at the University of Southern Maine and also has coaching experience both at Easton High School and as an assistant coach at the University of Maine Presque Isle. Halvorson replaces Doug Carter who accepted an Assistant Coaching job at Fresno Pacific.

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/Ha ... 47201.html
Media

Next

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)