CIM's Blog: Answering basketball_guys excellent posts

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: CIM'S Blog:

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:26 pm

DRAYMOND GREEN GETS PLEA DEAL TO ONLY PAY A $500 FINE AND $60 RESTITUTION FOR HIS RECENT MISDEMANOR ASSAULT AND BATTERY CHARGES.

This brings up The question is this the kind of player America wants representing the USA in this Years Olympics being such a negative role model for millions of middle school, high school and college players in America.

Because this additional bad behavior (assault charges) added to how he had demonstrated unsportsmanlike actions in the playoffs, that he has a tendency to play the game below his opponents waist as he did to Steve ADAMS, center of OKC Thunder when he kicked him not once, but twice in the groin. Plus kicking his legs up high near the face/shoulders of other Thunder players.

Then after being warned that another flagrant foul in the series he would be suspended he pulled another dumb stunt and was suspended for game 5 of the Cavs-Warriors, with the Warriors leading the series 3 games to 1 only to have that game five of the championship series, Green's suspension for 1 game allowed the Cavs to turn the series around and win 3 straight game to become the first NBA team to come from behind 3 games to 1 in a championship series.

So the question is should Green have been dropped from the Olympic teams roster because of his arrest for assault after all his other negative behavior during the NBA playoffs?

Answer here please:

Yes__________ Reasons_______________________________________________________

No___________Reasons_______________________________________________________
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 pm

I bet Steven Adams is relieved that he didn't actually get kicked in the nuts during the finals and it was actually some guy named Steven Grant and he just dreamt it
UMaineSuperfan

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:00 pm

UMaineSuperfan wrote:I bet Steven Adams is relieved that he didn't actually get kicked in the nuts during the finals and it was actually some guy named Steven Grant and he just dreamt it

UMSF: Thanks for the correction, Adams not Grant will correct it immediately.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:26 am

with regards to the Olympics and who or who is not a good role model... I think a majority (over 50% ) of America really doesn't give 2 $hits about the Olympics one 1 way or another. USA will win every game by 20 or more and with any luck nobody gets mugged, killed , both, or gets Zika.
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:45 am

thebam wrote:with regards to the Olympics and who or who is not a good role model... I think a majority (over 50% ) of America really doesn't give 2 $hits about the Olympics one 1 way or another. USA will win every game by 20 or more and with any luck nobody gets mugged, killed , both, or gets Zika.

Bam: That may be true for the adult basketball fans, but what about the middle school, high school and college basketball players. Role models for adults may not be that important to them, but it should be for America's children.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:56 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:with regards to the Olympics and who or who is not a good role model... I think a majority (over 50% ) of America really doesn't give 2 $hits about the Olympics one 1 way or another. USA will win every game by 20 or more and with any luck nobody gets mugged, killed , both, or gets Zika.

Bam: That may be true for the adult basketball fans, but what about the middle school, high school and college basketball players. Role models for adults may not be that important to them, but it should be for America's children.

What percentage of America's children are sitting down to watch the nonsense that is 30 point blowouts in the Olympics? Charles Barkley said it best Coach... " I am not a role model". That's what parents are for.
thebam

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:33 pm

there will be blowouts but for what its worth last time around the US only beat Lithuania by 5 and Spain by 7 in gold medal game i think...and they probably had a better roster.....
wmtwsportsprod

Postby augie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:07 pm

thebam wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

What percentage of America's children are sitting down to watch the nonsense that is 30 point blowouts in the Olympics? Charles Barkley said it best Coach... " I am not a role model". That's what parents are for.

Amen!
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Bam and Augi: Just my thoughts and opinion In today's world of many negative "helicopter parents" '. Kids need all the positive role models that they can get. Especially won't get it from thugs like Green who is a very all about me narcissistic player. Can think of other positive role models in the NBA then him to represent America on our USA Olympic Squad.

I Just have to agree to disagree, but thanks for responding.
bcbc55

Postby CornellMainer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:26 am

Draymond Green easily has the most punchable face in the NBA, if not the world.
CornellMainer

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics