CIM's BLOG: UMaine basketball teams week break for exams

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: CIM'S Blog:

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 pm

this is a great question that would benefit from others debating it. i'm sure they would if you resisted the urge to say the same stuff over and over again/derail each thread.

seriously, people want to give you a chance. play the game even a little bit and you can be a productive member of the board.

my answer, in short: hell no.
my reasoning: no interior game at all on either end. we are going to get annihilated on the boards and have no rim protection. we don't even have a frontcourt option on offense, whether it's a true stretch 4 (Stoji is close...), a versatile 5, or a b2b player. We have none of it.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:42 pm

I think Maine will win about 10 games next year. So, the answer is no. No way they reach the .500 mark. Maine is going to score. Myers and Calixte will make a nice back court tandem on the offensive end. Both can shoot and also attack the basket. Floyd may be an underrated addition in the backcourt? I think Stoj will make some strides up front and hopefully Beal can put together a healthy senior season. Eze needs to be able to score some garbage buckets in close for this team. Fleming has potential as a tweener forward but will need at least a year of seasoning. The glaring problem with this club is lack of interior defense and overall lack of size across the roster. Maine also has a senior class that has been injury prone and not very impactful. Teams like UNH and Stony Brook will crush Maine inside. I think the end result is a lot like last year. I project 8 to 10 wins. Not much of any noticeable gains from year 2 of the Walsh Era.
Blind Zebra

Postby cantdothat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:09 am

Hi Cim,
When you refer to OT's Garvey M. it's MELMED not Melmad.
Sorry to nitpick but I'm sure you've had you're name butchered over the years as I have had mine.
As Larry Bird once said, " I don't care what you call me as long as you call me for dinner."
Thanks and hope you're well.
Coach McDormand
Old Town Coyotes
cantdothat

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:49 am

And what a Great Place to keep all the Coach Cim stuff !
Keep it Here Bob, and leave the other threads alone, or no more than a 2-5 sentence response over there ? .... Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :D

There is a reason this Cim dedicated thread was created ya know. Or maybe not ?
TAL1957

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 am

cantdothat wrote:Hi Cim,
When you refer to OT's Garvey M. it's MELMED not Melmad.
Sorry to nitpick but I'm sure you've had you're name butchered over the years as I have had mine.
As Larry Bird once said, " I don't care what you call me as long as you call me for dinner."
Thanks and hope you're well.
Coach McDormand
Old Town Coyotes

Coach M. Thanks for the correction of Melmed spelling. Yes you are right mine has really butchered over the years.

Or Bird's statement could have been also 'You can call me anything you want, JUST don't call me LATE TO DINNER!"

Always enjoyed working/reffing your games at Lee Preppers, Lincoln Girls and the Old Town Boys. They were always well-coached which made it easier to officiate your games.

Good luck for the coming season. You have done a great job in rebuilding the Old Town Program to the championship level that it is today.

CIM
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Higher number:

Women's Conference losses

OR

Men's overall wins
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm

thebam wrote:Higher number:

OR

Men's overall wins

Bam: Will men's team go .500 overall record?
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:21 am

bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:Higher number:

OR

Men's overall wins

Bam: Will men's team go .500 overall record?

no chance
thebam

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:57 am

How about .500 IC ? Course 6 IC wins would be a success ?
TAL1957

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Here's 4 questions for all you basketball experts:

What is basketball's perfect shot?

How can you tell if you made the perfect shot?

What is the best shot to use to see if you can make a perfect shot?

How can you tell if you made a perfect shot in an actual game, while the game is going on?

Hints:

You will have to use some math to explain these answers?

You will need to know the diameter of the basket and the rim!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE ANSWER TO WHAT IS BASKETBALL'S PERFECT SHOT, it can be found in my Bangor Daily News Blog for today. Go to BDN online news, hit Blogs, then hit sports and you will find the answer.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics