Question concerning UM baseball recruit for TLukas

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Question concerning UM baseball recruit for TLukas

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 28, 2008 3:47 pm

TLukas.......Can you tell me anything about pitching recruit Keith Bilodeau from Bourne (MA) H.S. Was he injured earlier in the season? He was pitching great for the first few weeks of the h.s. season, but now I can't seem to find ANYTHING on him. I don't think that he has been pitching recently.
mainejeff

Re: Question concerning UM baseball recruit for TLukas

Postby TLukas » Wed May 28, 2008 4:20 pm

You know as much as I do on this one MJ (probably more actually). As I'm obviously not attending games anymore I don't have much interaction with Trimper, so we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I do recall the early season postings on Keith B. and thinking he looked like he could be UMaine's next potential Scanlan, so I hope the lack of later news isn't ominous !?

Probably be talking to some of the "folks" in the know over next few weeks now that summer leagues are about to start (I'll be tracking the NY College Baseball League, N. Division this summer), and post a note up when I hear anything reliable about Keith or any of our other incoming players.
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks. :)
mainejeff

Postby 23catch » Wed May 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Jeff,
Keith had a hand injury early in the season that he has not come back from. He has requested to shut down and just work to get his strength back. He will be ready for Orono in the fall. :roll:

I too will be following the Golden Eagles on the NYCBL this summer. Tim will meet many fans there that will be rooting as hard as he does.
23catch

Postby TLukas » Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am

Thanks for the info 23C ! Sounds like a smart kid who made a tough decision but one which will in the long run be better for both himself and the Black Bears ! Bet it was really hard to get off to such a good start and then have to shut it down your last year in HS and potentially last year in local summer ball leagues ! I'm really starting to like this kid !

Now if Jillson comes back fully recovered from his surgery (and doesn't do anything ??????? this summer!!), this pitching staff could really be a force to be reckoned with next 2-4 years !!
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics