Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

post info & talk all things Cross Country...

Re: Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

Postby PPH » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:41 am

Boys’ cross country: Yarmouth’s Luke Laverdiere easily wins Class B South title
Alex Troxell wins in Class A and Henry Spritz in Class C, while Falmouth, Lincoln Academy and Maine Coast Waldorf win team titles.

...“I never could have imagined this,” said Troxell, who out-kicked Greely junior Luke Marsanskis by two seconds to win in 16 minutes, 51.44 seconds. “Last year I had the worst race of my season here, so I really just wanted to redeem that.”

Four other runners in Class A broke 17 minutes, with senior Conner Piers (fourth) and junior John Auer (sixth) leading Falmouth to victory in Class A team competition. The other team champions were Lincoln Academy in Class B and Maine Coast Waldorf in Class C.

Spritz, who lost twice in the regular season to Sacopee Valley junior Troy Hendricks, surged to victory in Class C by nearly three seconds in 17:43.50, with Maranacook junior Luke Bartol (third) and Maine Coast senior Nick Neveu (fourth) not far behind.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/21/b ... uth-title/
PPH

Re: Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

Postby Village Soup » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 am

Regional champion Camden Hills girls qualify all seven runners to states
Windjammer Stockman wins Class A title; Medomak Valley qualifies two to states

BELFAST — When the dust settled for the nearly 550 high school cross-country runners who trekked across the 5,000-meter, or 3.1-mile, Troy Howard Middle School course in six races on Saturday, Oct. 21, one Midcoast team and nine individuals — including an impressive and eye-opening seven Camden Hills girls — had used their legs and feet to punch tickets to the state meet.

In fact, the Windjammer girls, who finished with the individual winner, top two runners and all five scoring student-athletes among the top 12, again literally and figuratively ran away from the competition en route to the regional title.

From the Northern Maine regional, the Camden Hills girls, along with individual Windjammers Augusta Stockman, Grace Iltis, Miranda Dunton, Claire Wyman, Rose O'Brien, Phoebe Root and Alli Wells, qualified for the state Class A championship races on Saturday, Oct. 28 at the Twin Brook Recreation Area in Cumberland.

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/regional ... es/1697889
Village Soup

Previous

Return to Cross Country: Maine High School & Amateur