Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

post info & talk all things Cross Country...

Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:57 am

BOYS'

Class A North Regional, 12:45 p.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class A South Regional, 12:45 p.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland

Class B North Regional, 1:55 p.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class B South Regional, 1:55 p.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland

Class C North Regional, 11:35 a.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class C South Regional, 11:35 a.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland

GIRLS'
Class A North Regional, 12:10 p.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class A South Regional, 12:10 p.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland

Class B North Regional, 1:20 p.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class B South Regional, 1:20 p.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland

Class C North Regional, 11 a.m. Troy Howard MS, Belfast

Class C South Regional, 11 a.m. Twin Brook, Cumberland
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Regional Championship schedules Sat .. 10/21

Postby PPH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:26 am

Cross-country teams head into championship season
Regional meets are Saturday in Cumberland and Belfast.

...One of the best races involves a pair of defending boys’ state champions, Greely (Class B) and Falmouth (Class A). Greely moved up to Class A this fall and will face its former Western Maine Conference rival.

Neither team was at full strength at the season’s two big invitationals last month, the Southern Maine Classic (Greely bested a field of 23) and the Festival of Champions (Falmouth was fourth, behind three out-of-state schools, among a field of 68).

“Falmouth didn’t have everybody at Gorham and we didn’t have everybody in Belfast,” said Greely Coach David Dowling. “So with everybody (running) their healthy times, it’s a pretty good matchup. It will be a good race.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/20/c ... ip-season/
PPH

Postby WABI » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 am

Local Teams, Individuals Claim Northern Maine Regional Cross Country Titles

BELFAST, MAINE (WABI) - Recap of the northern Maine regional cross country meet from Saturday in Belfast. All classes.

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Local ... 95403.html
WABI

Postby WMTW » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 am

Cross Country regionals held on Saturday
A recap of the Southern Maine meet.

http://www.wmtw.com/article/here-s-how- ... g/13065001
WMTW

Postby BDN » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 am

Camden Hills, Caribou, GSA win North girls cross-country championships

Stockman was timed in a personal-best 18 minutes, 35.80 seconds for the 3.1-mile course to edge Iltis — last week’s Kennebec Valley Athletic Conference champion — for the first time this season.

“I just tried to push it,” said Stockman, a junior. “My coach told me to take it easy, run for the team and place well, but I felt really good and I was secretly trying to break 19 (minutes) and I’m happy I did.

“I really like running with Grace. I couldn’t have done it today without her.”

Freshmen Claire Wyman (eighth) and Rose O’Brien (12th) rounded out the Camden Hills scorers, with classmate Phoebe Root (17th) and senior Alli Wells completing the Windjammers’ contingent.

“We have an amazing team this year,” said Stockman. “I’m so proud of all our girls, and I think most of them PR’d today.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/21/s ... pionships/
BDN

Postby BDN » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:23 am

Conference champions claim North boys regional cross-country titles

BELFAST, Maine — Hampden Academy, Hermon and Orono backed up last weekend’s victories at conference championship meets by winning North regional boys cross-country titles Saturday at Troy Howard Middle School.

Those three teams will lead the top 50 percent of the schools in their respective races to next Saturday’s state championships at Twin Brook Recreation Area in Cumberland.

The top 30 individuals in each regional race also qualified for states.

Hampden placed three runners among the top six overall finishers and won the Class A North crown, scoring 52 points to top second-place Bangor (67).

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/21/s ... ry-titles/
BDN

Postby BDN » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:24 am

Saturday’s cross-country regional championship results

Cross country
HIGH SCHOOL
At Belfast, 3.1 miles
North Regional Championships
*—qualified for state meet

CLASS A

Hampden Acad. boys 52,* Bangor 67,* Mt. Ararat 81,* Brunswick 113,* Mt. Blue 141,* Lewiston 156,* Cony 161,* Brewer 166, Edward Little 236, Oxford Hills 267, Camden Hills 299, Messalonskee 348, Skowhegan 360

1, Lisandro Berry-Gaviria, MTA, 15 minutes, 53.37 seconds. 2, Gabe Coffey, BAN, 16:05.51. 3, Wyatt Lord, HA, 16:15.64. 4, Dominic Sclafani, OH, 16:53.24. 5, Connor Glowa, HA, 17:06.63. 6, Grahme Sokoloski, HA, 17:07.11. 7, Russell Allen, EL, 17:09.76. 8, Caleb Richardson, CONY, 17:12.28. 9, Abbas Muktar, LEW, 17:14.44. 10, Patrick Fraser, BAN, 17:16.14.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/21/s ... p-results/
BDN

Postby SJ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 am

Cross country North regionals: Mt. Blue, Lewiston boys qualify for state meet

...Saturday, Dall won his third Class B title at the Northern Regional championships held at Troy Howard Middle School. Winslow freshman Olivia Tiner repeated her performance of a week ago at the Kennebec Valley Athletic Conference meet by once again topping the Class B field, this time by more than a minute.

This season has been an uphill grind for Dall, who missed the outdoor track season with a knee injury.

“Today was really good for me because I haven’t run many good times this year,” Dall said. “This is a step in the right direction. The last two or three weeks I’ve been feeling a lot more like myself, getting some good workouts in. I’m really excited for the rest of the season.”

Dall completed the 3.1-mile course in 16:44.5 in front of Caribou’s Dylan Marrero.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... et/2221226
SJ

Postby SJ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:29 am

Cross country: St. Dom's boys and girls, Monmouth girls reach Class C championships

...In the first race of the day, the Class C girls took off in what turned out to be a showcase for the overpowering Maranacook Black Bears.

“I am very psyched, they just worked so hard,” Maranacook coach Rosalea Kimball said. “I told them this would be our practice because we get to run here again next week. So I said if there's anything they want to correct they'll have a chance next week.”

After the first mile, Maranacook only had one runner, Molly McGrail who finished in second behind Maine Coast freshman Olivia Reynolds, in the top eight. That quickly changed at the second mile, when the Black Bears moved three girls into the top seven. Kimball used a unique team-based running game plan to get her top-four runners into the top eight.

“We planned on running in groups, we did some pack running. I thought it worked really well. I'll talk to the girls after, but it seemed to me to work well.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ps/2221222
SJ

Postby PPH » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 am

Girls’ cross country: Gorham takes its turn atop Class A South
Yarmouth and Maranacook also capture regional championships.

...Her metaphor might be slightly mixed, but Slager’s message was right on track Saturday as Gorham knocked off two-time defending state champion Bonny Eagle as well as defending regional champion Falmouth to win the Class A South title at Twin Brook Recreation Area.

Under sunny skies and temperatures approaching 70 degrees, the Rams qualified for the state meet for the first time in Slager’s high school career. They did so by packing five runners among the top 22 finishers of a race that included 122 girls.

Iris Kitchen (ninth), Kate Tugman (16th), Sarah Johnson (21st) and Meadow Fortier (22nd) gave Gorham a comfortable 72-101 victory over Falmouth with Greely (113) edging Bonny Eagle (117) for third. Deering was fifth at 124.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/21/c ... regionals/
PPH

Next

Return to Cross Country: Maine High School & Amateur