Celtics: Running Thread

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Celtics: Running Thread

Postby MattyB » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:04 am

How Kyrie Irving will evolve in Boston

“When he was at Duke.”

-Danny Ainge, CSNNE interview

That’s how long Danny Ainge has believed Kyrie Irving was a special. For the past six years he’s watched Irving take the league by storm with a streetball handle balanced with a silky smooth jumper, an impeccable ability to finish at the rim, and a bottomless pit of potential. For his first three years, Irving accumulated stats and highlights on a lottery team, developing into what many hoped would be the face of the franchise. But then LeBron James made his triumphant return to the Cavaliers, and Irving went from beginning the next phase of his development to becoming James’s little brother. Three years, three trips to Finals, one legendary shot, a couple broken relationships, and a few burned bridges later, and we’re here. Kyrie Irving is a Celtic.

Finally, Irving has a chance to become the face of the franchise like he was promised in Cleveland. But is that who he is? His past suggests not. But at 25 and just entering his prime in a new system, the Celtics are banking on that next leap putting Irving amongst the top superstars in the league. But understanding how Irving can make that leap requires an understanding of where he came from.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/9/11/1 ... eview-2017
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby MattyB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:36 am

Morris will have to make plays like Olynyk and defend like Crowder

https://t.co/w8OVnCVgO0
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby MattyB » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:09 am

Recapping Kyrie Irving’s appearance on First Take

On Monday morning, Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving joined Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman on ESPN’s First Take to talk about his decision to request a trade from the Cavaliers.

Things started off pretty civil. The First Take crew gave Irving time to explain what he was thinking. Irving was very appreciative of the opportunities he was given in Cleveland, saying that, “I was able to develop and evolve as a man, and I just felt it was best for my intentions to leave.”

Stephen A. then didn’t waste any time in asking Irving what happened between him and LeBron James for him to want out of a perennial contender in the Cavaliers. Irving didn’t point to anything specific, saying that he wanted to, “Come in and perfect my craft every single day, and be in an environment where I can be taught every single day, so I can exceed my potential and see how far I can go.”

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/9/18/1 ... on-celtics
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Previous

Return to Basketball