Celtics 2014-15:

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Celtics 2014-15:

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:00 am

Sources: C's waive Lucas, Thomas

The Boston Celtics officially waived John Lucas III and Malcolm Thomas on Sunday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Lucas and Thomas were two of the four players acquired from Cleveland on Thursday as part of a trade that sent out Keith Bogans. Boston's roster ballooned to 23 players, forcing the team to immediately waive three players in Chris Johnson, Chris Babb, and camp invite Christian Watford. By waiving Lucas and Thomas, the Celtics have created the necessary room to complete the long-awaited signing of free-agent swingman Evan Turner (while also creating an open spot that could be used to re-sign Watford to a camp deal).

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... cas-thomas
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:06 am

Celtics officially ink Turner

The Boston Celtics officially signed free-agent swingman Evan Turner on Monday. The two sides had agreed to terms back in July, but it took 71 days for the Celtics to sort out their roster and for the pact to become official. The team had promised Turner would be inked by the start of training camp on Tuesday. League sources told ESPN's Marc Stein that it's a two-year deal worth $6.7 million with both seasons fully guaranteed and no options included. Turner will earn $3.28 million for the 2014-15 season. The Celtics also formally announced the release of John Lucas III and Malcolm Thomas, two of the four players acquired from the Cavaliers in a trade last week...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... ink-turner
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:08 am

Rondo: 'Am I under investigation?'

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Wearing an oversized black sling, Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo playfully brushed off speculation about the cause of his broken left hand and stressed that he is remaining positive despite the setback that will sideline him for the start of the 2014-15 season. Rondo underwent surgery Friday on his left hand after he said he slipped in the shower at his home the previous night. After being spotted at a trampoline park this week, some wondered if Rondo might be masking the cause of his injury. "Am I under investigation?" Rondo joked when asked to detail the injury during the Celtics' media day. "Certain falls happen and you slip, and I slipped and tried to catch my hand. It wasn't like a banana [peel] slip. I actually almost caught myself. I landed on my knuckle on the windowsill in my home. That's what happened." ...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... estigation
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:11 am

Headlines from Celtics media day

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens sat at the podium that all of his players would eventually shuttle through and dutifully fielded questions for 12 minutes on Monday as part of the team's media day festivities. At one point, Stevens noted, "A lot of my answers might be long-winded today, but to be quite frank, I’ve got a bunch of practices on my mind and that’s kind of what I live for."

Yes, media day is a circus and, for coaches, a bit of a nuisance. Celtics staffers patiently herded uniform-clad players through a series of stations that included three different photo-ops, video promotions, TV and radio interviews with affiliated outlets, and a stop for a Q&A with a throng of reporters (who were just as question fatigued as the players by the end of the three-hour session).

Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s media day boiled down to digestible headlines:

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... -media-day
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:12 am

Rajon Rondo still has Celtics' faith

WALTHAM, Mass. -- A few ticks after 2 o'clock, the official start of the Boston Celtics' media day event on Monday, president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and Rajon Rondo plopped down at a podium in front of an overflow throng of reporters. Ainge playfully joked to Rondo that he could have at least tucked in his jersey, to which the All-Star point guard cracked back that it was an impossible feat given that his left arm was immobilized by an oversized black sling...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... tics-faith
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 am

Camp fires: Turner the new Crawford?

WALTHAM, Mass. -- With Rajon Rondo sidelined by a broken hand, the biggest storyline surrounding the Boston Celtics as they open training camp is who exactly will fill the All-Star point guard's shoes during his absence. While navigating a double session on Tuesday, the Celtics utilized the trio of Evan Turner, Marcus Smart and Phil Pressey as primary ball handlers and hope those players can step up despite their lack of NBA experience at the spot. "We really only have one point guard healthy that has NBA experience and that’s Phil Pressey, so there’s not a lot of it," admitted coach Brad Stevens...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... w-crawford
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 am

Stevens can finally move forward

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The film that Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens showed his team at the start of training camp Tuesday morning had been ready to roll since mid-August, though it underwent too many revisions before and after that point to truly count. Since the end of the 2013-14 season in mid-April, Stevens has tortured himself with film study from his team's 25-win campaign and plucked the clips he thought would best demonstrate to his players just what needs to be done this season to take the next step in a rebuilding process that can't go fast enough for anyone involved...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... ve-forward
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 am

Camp fires: Sully ready as C's crank pace

WALTHAM, Mass. -- A year ago, after back surgery erased his entire offseason, Boston Celtics big man Jared Sullinger admitted to huffing and puffing during the early days of training camp. This time around, having spent much of the summer with a focus on improving his conditioning, Sullinger is much more pleased with his ability to get up and down the court. "Not where I want to be, but really, really close," Sullinger said of his conditioning level. "Getting up and down in practice has really been helpful, especially the pace that we’re playing. There’s no choice but for me to get in shape. As long as practices keep staying like this, with the competition that we have in Brandon [Bass] and Tyler [Zeller] and Erik Murphy and Dwight [Powell] and Kelly [Olynyk], you have no choice but to play as hard as you can."..

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... crank-pace
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 am

Olynyk on the rise

WALTHAM, Mass. -- If the draft hopefuls loosening up on the sidelines were not nervous before, they probably were now. Boston Celtics forward Kelly Olynyk was finishing an offseason workout at the team's practice facility in June by putting on a show as he circled the arc, splashing 3-pointers from every stop. The college players just shook their heads watching a player who had just wrapped his own rookie campaign, all while Celtics officials beamed as they watched from high above the floor. "I watched our draft workouts, and the best workout I saw all summer was Kelly Olynyk putting on a shooting clinic hitting 3s," team president Rich Gotham said. "We bring in all these guys, but we've got great guys on our team. It's exciting to think about how these guys will develop over time." ...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... n-the-rise
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:00 am

Camp fires: Bradley keeps focus on D

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Coming off the best offensive season of his career, one that helped him secure a lucrative long-term extension, Boston Celtics shooting guard Avery Bradley said his primary goal for the 2014-15 season is reestablishing his reputation as a defense-first player. “I want to be on the first team all-defense," Bradley said Thursday when asked about his individual goals for the new season. "I made the second team two years ago. That’s my No. 1 goal this year, but obviously I want to improve in every part of my game." ...

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... focus-on-d
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball