Red Claws Notebook: ( on-going thread )

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Red Claws Notebook: ( on-going thread )

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 am

Red Claws Notebook: Suspension, ailments lead to call-up for Joseph
By Kevin Thomas

PORTLAND - Fans filing into the Portland Expo on Friday night may have been looking to see two members of the Boston Celtics playing for their Maine Red Claws.

But Kris Joseph was not there. He was needed back in Boston -- just in case.

Playing against the Portland Trail Blazers, Boston had only 11 players because of Rajon Rondo's suspension, and two of them were questionable. Forward Jeff Green had a sprained knee, and Chris Wilcox missed the previous game with illness.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/sports/suspe ... 12-02.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Red Claws Notebook: ( on-going thread )

Postby nostrajimus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm

considering there was a whole section empty, then I guess the sellout claims similar to the Red Sox can finally now come to a halt.
nostrajimus

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 am

NBA D-LEAGUE: Talent rolls through Claws

By Kevin Thomas

PORTLAND -- The Maine Red Claws are off to their finest start in franchise history and own the best record (10-5) in the NBA D-League.

But the basketball season is entering a period when good players move on. And Maine has a lot of good players.

The Red Claws are hoping for the best of both worlds -- sending players on to the NBA, while still winning basketball games in Portland.

Maine has already lost its first-round draft choice, point guard Shelvin Mack, who signed Dec. 25 with the Washington Wizards, the team he played for last year.

Read more: http://www.kjonline.com/sports/talent-r ... 01-01.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Mack is back, and Red Claws top division
Shelvin Mack joins DaJuan Summers with double-doubles as Maine stops Springfield 116-107 at the Expo.

By Kevin Thomas

PORTLAND - If the Maine Red Claws really wanted to regain first place in the NBA D-League East Division, they were going to have to shake free of the last-place Springfield Armor on Saturday night.

It wasn't easy.

Maine enjoyed double-doubles from DaJuan Summers and Shelvin Mack to beat the Armor 116-107 before a sold-out crowd of 3,045 at the Portland Expo.

Maine (13-8) moved into first place in the East. Both Erie (10-7) and Canton (12-9) lost Saturday.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/sports/mack- ... 01-13.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby nostrajimus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Nostrajimus' crystal ball sees Thomas Knight being drafted/aquired by the Claws after his final year at ND next season. This is why they call me Nostrajimus ;)
nostrajimus

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am

nostrajimus wrote:Nostrajimus' crystal ball sees Thomas Knight being drafted/aquired by the Claws after his final year at ND next season. This is why they call me Nostrajimus ;)

Noted.. that would be a a smart move.... the boy can play and he's just a pup. no reclassification to prep schools while in high school, no extra year of prep, no red-shirt... to me that means he was 2 years behind most who play at the highest levels of college ball.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 am

Depleted bench leads to Claws loss
Maine has just seven players available: They give a good effort but fall to Fort Wayne.

By PAUL D. BOWKER

FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Down to a two-man bench Thursday night for their D-League game against Fort Wayne, the Maine Red Claws were certainly challenged.

Former Notre Dame star Luke Harangody provided them with another one. He scored a game-high 29 points and grabbed a game-high 13 points, leading Fort Wayne to a 115-109 victory.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/sports/deple ... 02-01.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby nostrajimus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 pm

I realize that not many read this thread, but the Claws would be smart to offer free/reduced tix for Friday's game for the locals, seeing how it will be a blizzard outside. Just a thought

The game must go on, but let's get some fans in there to support both teams. The youth center might be a good start
nostrajimus

Return to Basketball