Former Maine guard makes Claws' cut

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Former Maine guard makes Claws' cut

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 am

D-LEAGUE BASKETBALL: Former Maine guard makes Claws' cut

By Kevin Thomas

PORTLAND -- The underdog remained when the Maine Red Claws made their first round of cuts Sunday, reducing their roster to 13.

Former University of Maine point guard Raheem Singleton appears to have made the team after four players were released Sunday.

After Sunday's cuts, the Red Claws' total roster is down to 13, which includes two NBA players sent from the Celtics. One more player must be released by Wednesday. NBA D-League rosters are limited to 10 players, along with as many as three NBA players.

Read more: http://www.kjonline.com/sports/former-m ... 11-18.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Former Maine guard makes Claws' cut

Postby nostrajimus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 am

Talk about being with the right team at the right time. Hopefully this longshot can stick around for a bit. The funny thing is that no one who goes to the games has any idea that he went to UMO, thx to the great UMO PR machine. :roll:

No mention of it on the BDN or UMO websites. Shocker I know. :o

I didn't think he had a shot, but he said the reason he made it was because of the Celtics/Red Claws coaches and players teaching and pushing him. Too bad that didn't happen during his time at "THE u" :lol:
nostrajimus

Postby Blind Zebra » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Congrats to Radio Raheem!!
Blind Zebra

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am

Red Claws cut former Maine star
Raheem Singleton had earned a surprising spot on the roster, but gets surprised again Monday when the team lets him go.

By Kevin Thomas

He had beaten the odds to make the Maine Red Claws roster.

But the satisfaction Raheem Singleton felt last week turned sour Monday when the team released him. Singleton was cut to make room for former Red Claws forward Justin Brownlee.

"They told me after practice. It was a complete surprise" Singleton said by phone Monday night from the Indianapolis airport.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/sports/red-c ... 11-27.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby nostrajimus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 pm

same thing has happened to a player in that position each of the past 2 seasons with the claws. That's why they want a local kid, so that they can dip into the talent pool when needed. Hope he is smart enough to stick w/ them as a practice player, as injuries happen all the time.
nostrajimus

Return to Basketball