How we feeling about C's this year

Any pro talk from around the leagues

How we feeling about C's this year

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 am

If old guys stay healthy, this looks like a championship team to me..

New additions looked good in last nights game vs Nets .. and KG, Pierce and Rondo looked like the superstars they are

Looking forward to lots of celtics talk this year..

Thoughts?
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: How we feeling about C's this year

Postby idroptreys23 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:36 pm

I think everything keys on the health of Garnett. The Celtics have done an incredible job of accumulating depth at the guard and forward positions but are still going to be relying on KG to stretch the floor on offense and anchor the defense at the center position. Bass and Sullinger do a decent job offensively hitting a fifteen footer and operating around the basket but can't function similarly to Garnett defensively.

Pierce will be able to get some rest this season as Jeff Green looks to be playing aggressively and effectively thus far in the preseason. I'd forgotten how athletic and versatile he is. I like that you'll be able to throw Green on a LeBron or Carmello defensively to spare Paul's legs for the fourth quarter or the later games in a playoff series. I think he generally has run out of gas in the past couple of playoff runs.

Rondo, if he continues to hit the mid range jump shot, becomes the best point guard in the NBA in my opinion. He finishes incredibly well around the rim, always seems to find the open man, and if he can add that consistent jumper to his game becomes pretty much unguardable. I'm not worried about him coasting this year either as Leandro Barbosa and Terry bring a lot of energy off the bench.

I think, health permitting, they're the best team in the East.
idroptreys23

Return to Basketball