T.O. to G.O.?

Any pro talk from around the leagues

T.O. to G.O.?

Postby SeaDogsFan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 am

Heard it on sportscenter just now... lol if true.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Re: T.O. to G.O.?

Postby New Auburn Maniac » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:52 am

SeaDogsFan wrote:Heard it on sportscenter just now... lol if true.

It seems to be true, according to ESPN. To top this off, Stuart Scott brings up, "could he fit in New England, with Tom Brady"? I do not think that the Patriots freed-up cap money by trading Cassell and Vrabel to sign a high-priced veteran WR with issues. They got Randy Moss for a draft pick! The Pats have more pressing needs on defense and the impending free agency of alot of top players after this season.
Losing Jabar Gaffney does leave a hole at the #3 WR spot. Can this position be filled from within, by adding a low-cost FA, or by this years' draft? Most likely- Yes!
But, and as much as I dislike TO, can you imagine this scenario?
Randy Moss on one side, T.Owens on the other side with Welker in the slot and Chris Baker at TE.
Sammy Morris / Fred Taylor in the backfield and a solid O-line. Cut Marouney and look for a solid FB. It will never happen, but that would be one hell of an offense!
New Auburn Maniac

Postby SeaDogsFan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:31 am

The Madden Nation folks are hoping against that... That's all anybody would bother using lmao

In all seriousness, I did think about that possibility. It does raise the question: At what point is your offense so good that you can be slack on defense? 2 years ago they had an amazing offense AND defense... But the secondary ****ed it up as they did all of last year.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby Peacone36 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:46 am

i love it, i hope noone signs him and he misses the season, of course then there would be relentless coverage of what hes up to. I wish i was commisioner cause id fire him.
"If honesty is the best policy, then, by default, dishonesty is the second best policy." - Carlin
Peacone36

Postby bhmk5 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Peacone36 wrote:i love it, i hope noone signs him and he misses the season, of course then there would be relentless coverage of what hes up to. I wish i was commisioner cause id fire him.

PSH. im hoping the denver broncos sign him theyd be so siick if they got him
bhmk5

Postby mr.T » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 pm

ya i think hes gonna go to oakland, where all players go to end there career on a bad note.
It seems they always go after the most athletic players that have off the field issues. It seems like it could be a good belated replacement for Moss
mr.T

Postby New Auburn Maniac » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 am

About the only thing that TO hasn't accomplished is being on a Super Bowl winning team. You would think that he would look to sign with a team who has a good chance of winning a title. I have heard several reports about who may be interested in TO, mostly the Raiders, but the only team with even a slight chance of winning is the Tenn. Titans. Would adding Owens push the Titans over the top in the AFC? I doubt it. He will retire being known as a great player at his position but also as having never won the BIG game, like a Dan Marino.
Terrell Owens has never learned that there is no "I" in team, and that is the reason that he will never be on a Super Bowl winning team.
New Auburn Maniac

Postby billzfan34 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:58 pm

T.O. goes to the Redskins...what better way to stick it to the 'Boys and Jones??
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Postby Peacone36 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 am

No no no, Dan Snyder is really concerned with locker room chemistry and not hte big name guys, there is no way he throw 100 million at a guy just cause everyone wants him.................wait......................there is NO WAY he throws 65 million to a loud mouth arrogant player who was recently cut before he completed his first year of his new big contract...............oh wait that too huh?

Albert Haynesworth, DeAngelo Hall, TO all in the same locker room...........Someone would be murdered........

Maybe he is going to DC.............
"If honesty is the best policy, then, by default, dishonesty is the second best policy." - Carlin
Peacone36

Postby billzfan34 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:12 am

Or maybe even Buffalo...didn't see that one coming.
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Next

Return to Football