Hello

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Hello

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 pm

Actually we're 0-3, don't forget the year that Bledsoe led the Pats into their second Super Bowl loss. Although I can see how it would be tough for a New England fan to keep track of Super Bowl losses, it must all blur together at this point.

In any case now that I'm leading the team there won't be anymore losses to the Patriots in the post-season. Remember the beat-down I delivered in Gillette last season?

Tomlin out!
Mike Tomlin

Postby Large Farva » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Although I can see how it would be tough for a New England fan to keep track of Super Bowl losses, it must all blur together at this point.

Well, losses in the SB happen when you play against League MVPs and teams with arguably the greatest defenses of all time, not weak NFC West opponents. Can we even count the SB win over the Cardinals as a full win? It's more like half a win, so the Steelers have 5 1/2 SB titles. But with enough steroids that 5 1/2 becomes 6.
If only I had half of, um, ah, uh, jeez, wait, ston-....uh---sonemill's memory, then I would be, uh, ahhhhhh, wait, wait......golden. Yeah, that's it.
Large Farva

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Large Farva wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Although I can see how it would be tough for a New England fan to keep track of Super Bowl losses, it must all blur together at this point.

Well, losses in the SB happen when you play against League MVPs and teams with arguably the greatest defenses of all time, not weak NFC West opponents. Can we even count the SB win over the Cardinals as a full win? It's more like half a win, so the Steelers have 5 1/2 SB titles. But with enough steroids that 5 1/2 becomes 6.

Eli Manning and Plaxico "let me just adjust my sweats and gun while I sip my gin" Burress beat you guys.

Tomlin out!
Mike Tomlin

Postby X31 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Actually we're 0-3, don't forget the year that Bledsoe led the Pats into their second Super Bowl loss. Although I can see how it would be tough for a New England fan to keep track of Super Bowl losses, it must all blur together at this point.

The Steelers didn't host the Patriots in the AFC Championship that year. The Patriots hosted the Jaguars.
X31

Postby Large Farva » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:59 pm

X31 wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Actually we're 0-3, don't forget the year that Bledsoe led the Pats into their second Super Bowl loss. Although I can see how it would be tough for a New England fan to keep track of Super Bowl losses, it must all blur together at this point.

The Steelers didn't host the Patriots in the AFC Championship that year. The Patriots hosted the Jaguars.

Yeah Tomlin...about as on target as O'Donnell......ZING!!!!!

By the way, Larry Brown would like to dedicate his mansion to the Steelers' organization.
If only I had half of, um, ah, uh, jeez, wait, ston-....uh---sonemill's memory, then I would be, uh, ahhhhhh, wait, wait......golden. Yeah, that's it.
Large Farva

Previous

Return to Football