Patriots 2014 - 15 season:

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Patriots 2014 - 15 season:

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:42 am

Picked-up pieces on Patriots' free-agent trail

Some picked-up New England Patriots pieces and thoughts on the free-agent trail:

1. The Patriots currently have 75 players on their 90-man roster. With seven assigned draft picks and the potential for two additional compensatory picks, that would set the team up for a smaller class of about six undrafted free agents to get up to 90. There is always an aspect of flexibility with such a large roster, but we aren't expecting too many more additions leading up to the draft, with our radar on veteran offensive lineman Dan Connolly as one player the Patriots are hoping returns but has drawn interest from others as well.

2. Cornerback Robert McClain's contract with the Patriots is a

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... nt-trail-3
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 am

More on NFL, Patriots and Jets tampering

Where do things stand with the NFL's investigation on the tampering charge against the Jets as it relates to Darrelle Revis?

Let's piece a few things together:

On March 13, Jason Cole of Bleacher Report reported that the "NFL went so far as to have investigators go into the offices of several teams, including and most notably the New York Jets, to specifically look at whether the Jets had prior contact with cornerback Darrelle Revis and his representatives."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... -tampering
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:33 am

Leftovers from Patriots DE Jabaal Sheard

Some leftovers from a conference call with New England Patriots defensive end Jabaal Sheard, who is spending time working out in South Florida:

Critical of his dip in play last two seasons: "My career has been shaky; it's been up and down. I just haven't had the best year last year and the year before. I've just got to learn to finish and I'm hoping getting with the new coaches over here that I'll be able to work on that and get that accomplished."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... aal-sheard
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 am

Quick-hit notes and thoughts around the New England Patriots and NFL:

1. This is the time of year when players often have nagging medical issues addressed, and those are situations that we like to note because they alter the offseason to more of a rehab track than a standard workout program. Along those lines, third-year defensive tackle Chris Jones recently underwent surgery for what was described to me as a calf issue. In one respect, any surgery is significant. But this was considered minor in the scope of surgery, and Jones (45.5 percent of the snaps in 2014, 68 percent in 2013) is expected to be ready when it counts. Still, with the free-agent departure of defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, 2014 first-round pick Dominique Easley working to strengthen his knee (no surgery) after landing on injured reserve in December and Sealver Siliga and Jones both undergoing offseason surgery, this is an area we’ll be keeping a close eye on from a health/rehab perspective. With this in mind, it won’t be a surprise if the Patriots look to further fortify their defensive tackle corps...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... ots-nfl-19
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:21 am

Patriots-Texans ties at NFL owners meeting

ARIZONA -- The NFL owners meeting officially begins Monday morning but most top personnel arrive Sunday, which is a laid-back day that often offers a chance for old friends to catch up. Such was the case for second-year Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien and his wife Colleen, and New England Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio and his wife Kathleen, as they sat together in the plaza area of the Arizona Biltmore for an extended time on a beautiful afternoon.

The scene captured the essence of a Sunday at the NFL owners meeting, and also how O'Brien's Patriots ties remain strong as he works to implement a program that has some notable New England elements to it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... rs-meeting
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:22 am

Giants owner gives rundown of chances for Patriots' rule proposals

Of the three rule proposals made by the New England Patriots at the NFL owners meetings that officially begin Monday, New York Giants owner John Mara (also a member of the competition committee) gave a rundown of what he anticipates:

Broaden what can be challenged on instant replay (proposal No. 1): “I think it probably does not have enough support to pass. One of the problems is you need 24 votes to make any change and I just don’t see that happening. I think the competition committee [was] 9-0 against that because it adds too many challenges to the game. Right now, I think we average less than one challenge per game. There’s no question in my mind, if we went that route, we’d have four challenges a game, maybe more if you’re successful on two, because any time there is a big play, you’re going to want to challenge. I just don’t think we’re ready to go there yet.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... -proposals
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:22 am

Patriots extra points from owners meeting

ARIZONA -- Some New England Patriots-based extra points to set the stage for Monday at the NFL owners meeting:

1. Owner Robert Kraft is expected to address reporters around 3 p.m. ET. Kraft was a late arrival in town on Sunday.

2. Two possible news items today: We might learn about compensatory draft picks (Patriots can expect at least one), as well as the opponent for New England in the NFL's kickoff game.

3. New York Giants owner John Mara recapped his team's pursuit of safety Devin McCourty as a free agent, saying, "We tried but weren’t successful. I thought the money was pretty similar to what he ended up signing for but it was understandable he wanted to stay with his old team. ... He’s a local kid for us, and we thought that would be attractive for him also. He decided to stay and that’s just what happens in this business. That’s OK. Normally you prefer to see guys stay with their own teams; I think most players would ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... rs-meeting
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 am

2015 draft picks: New England Patriots

The New England Patriots have nine selections in the 2015 NFL draft, which will be held April 30 to May 2 in Chicago, after being awarded two compensatory picks. The compensatory picks were awarded due to a net loss of compensatory free agents LeGarrette Blount, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib in 2014 balanced against signings of 2014 compensatory free agents Brandon Browner and Brandon LaFell. Here’s a breakdown of the Patriots' selections:

First round: 32nd overall selection...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... patriots-2
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 am

Jets file tampering charge vs. Pats

The hostile rivalry between the New England Patriots and New York Jets took another bizarre turn on Tuesday, when the Jets filed a retaliatory tampering charge against the Patriots based on owner Robert Kraft's comments Monday about Darrelle Revis, league sources confirmed.

Kraft, speaking to reporters at the league meetings in Phoenix, commented for the first time on the star cornerback's departure. The remark that caught the Jets' attention was Kraft saying, "I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him."

This apparently was a tit-for-tat move by the Jets, who were irked in January when they were slapped with a tampering charge by the Patriots.

That accusation stemmed from owner Woody Johnson, in an end-of-the-season news conference, telling reporters, "I'd love for Darrelle to come back."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... s-comments
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:19 am

Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer recovering from shoulder surgery

PHOENIX -- New England Patriots starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer underwent shoulder surgery after the Super Bowl, according to a source, which has altered his offseason to more of a focus on rehabilitation than a traditional workout regimen.

The surgery was to Vollmer’s labrum, the source said, and was more of a nagging injury that he played effectively through in 2014 and was never considered serious enough to keep him out of games. There is optimism among those close to Vollmer that he will be ready for action when it counts...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... er-surgery
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Football