Manti Te'o Hoax

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Manti Te'o Hoax

Postby 01champs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Alright guys, I wanna hear everybody's opinion about Te'o's claim that he was duped into thinking this girlfriend was real. Is he BSing with a story? Is he just that naive and fell for it? Imagine what woulda happened had he won the Heisman.

Personally, I watched that interview he gave about his girlfriend dying back in October. When he's asked the question, "What was the last thing you said to her?", he was a little like a deer in the headlights. He seemed like he was coming up with an answer on the fly. He said "We were actually talking about my grandmother," which to me, seems a little too convinient :roll: There was a six hour window between the two deaths, something about that answer rubs me the wrong way. So what do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Yeah, I know this isn't pro football, but he's going first round in the draft.
01champs

Re: Manti Te'o Hoax

Postby 01champs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Also: I'm not trying to be negative. I personally loved the guy throughout the season, I had the utmost respect for him as a player, leader and person. But now I'm obviously having my doubts. If he's telling the truth, I really feel for the guy. But if you read the Deadspin article, there are STRONG implications Te'o was in on it for publicity.
01champs

Re: Manti Te'o Hoax

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 am

Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o claims he was victim of love hoax

Heisman Trophy finalist Manti Te’o had a girlfriend that never existed, leaving a hit to the credibility to one of college football’s top stars this season. The Notre Dame linebacker was either lying about the girlfriend or was a victim of a hoax that was detailed Wednesday on Deadspin.com. The ...

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/01/16/s ... line-hoax/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Football