OT-SuperBaugh XLVII

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: OT-The Harbaugh Bowl

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

got the harbaughs mixed up!

still I don't see how the line would be that high for the ravens either. their offense is too poor to warrant a line higher than -3. 49ers defense is too good to let the ravens beat them by that much (from a betting perspective).

If it were me making the line, right now, based off of what I saw this weekend (Baltimore dominated by Houston in the trenches and bailed out by the fact that TJ Yates was the opposing QB, SF having two game winning drives), it would have to be 49ers favored by a point and a half.
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Re: OT-SuperBaugh XLVI

Postby nostrajimus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am

Second time is a charm. Ravens are 8 pt dogs, while the Niners are the biggest road favorite (-5) in a NFC Championship game in the last 35 years.

Ravens won't miss a chip shot like last year, so the Pat's better not keep it close for Ray Lewis' potential final game.

The Harbaugh Bowl is on!
nostrajimus

Postby zonid » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Wrong forum.

NE is a vastly different team from when they were screwed over by the refs earlier in the year [only to be overshadowed by Seattle's game winning interception] much less last year. It'll be a nerve wracking game regardless. It's nice to cheer for a winner once and a while ;)
zonid

Postby nostrajimus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Jim Harbaugh -1.5 over John Harbaugh. The kicker is that their brother in law has the top ranked NCAA Hoops team in the country as of tomorrow :o
nostrajimus

Postby LesMillsRockstar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 am

zonid wrote:Wrong forum.

NE is a vastly different team from when they were screwed over by the refs earlier in the year [only to be overshadowed by Seattle's game winning interception] much less last year. It'll be a nerve wracking game regardless. It's nice to cheer for a winner once and a while ;)

The better team did not win the game. Losing to the Ravens is like losing to FSU, Miami or the Gators...punks, punks, punks! SF by three TDs easily.
LesMillsRockstar

Re: OT-SuperBaugh XLVII

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 am

TAL1957

Postby nostrajimus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Man, I posted the Harbaugh Bowl on here a few weeks prior to some guy trademarking it last year, and now the NFL is busting his balls over it. Hope he makes a few bucks on the deal
nostrajimus

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 am

SUPER BOWL: Teams bring big D to big game

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) -- It was as if linebacker Ray Lewis, safety Bernard Pollard and the rest of the Baltimore Ravens' defense set out to provide a quarter-by-quarter demonstration of how they do business.

About 11 minutes into the AFC championship game against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, Lewis drew a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty for a helmet-to-helmet hit that pushed tight end Aaron Hernandez's chin strap up near his nose.

Then, in the second quarter, linebacker Dannell Ellerbe gave New England another free 15 yards by hitting an offensive lineman in the face mask in response to an after-the-play shove.

Read more: http://www.kjonline.com/sports/teams-br ... 01-27.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby nostrajimus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 am

nostrajimus wrote:Jim Harbaugh -1.5 over John Harbaugh. The kicker is that their brother in law has the top ranked NCAA Hoops team in the country as of tomorrow :o

Looks like I was a little ahead of myself with my above post from a few weeks ago, but the Harbaugh's brother-in-law, Tom Crean's #3 ranked Indiana Hoosiers knock off #1 Michigan (where Jim went to school), and later today will be named the #1 team in the country. Later on tonight John will hoist up the Super Bowl Trophy. Quite a 24 hrs for that family I'd say.

Balt 27 SF 24. Missed FG's cost the Niners.
nostrajimus

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 am

Super Bowl power play: Baltimore holds on for wild victory Several photos included in this story

The Ravens survive a power outage and a huge San Francisco comeback to earn their second Super Bowl title

America's biggest sporting event came to a half-hour standstill in the third quarter when most of the Superdome lights and the scoreboards went dark. By then, the Ravens had a 22-point lead.

The outage flipped the momentum to the San Francisco 49ers, but the Ravens used a last-gasp defensive stand to hold on Sunday night, 34-31.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/sports/super ... cores.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Football