OT-SuperBaugh XLVII

Any pro talk from around the leagues

OT-SuperBaugh XLVII

Postby nostrajimus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm

This is why Nostramus is so amazing!!!! All hail Nostrajimus!!!

1st year 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh came within inches of making it to the Super Bowl as a QB for the Indy Colts, while his brother John also lost in the AFC Championship to the Steelers as coach of the Ravens.

With the Giants win today the Niner's will now host the NFC Championship, while the Raven's will head to Foxboro, where they will upset the Pat's (not really an upset to be honest) and face off against one another like they did many many times when they were kids playing one another in their backyard back in Mich. (where their Dad was a coach at The Univ of Mich).

The kicker is that the game will be played in Indianapolis, where Jim came within inches of getting to the Super Bowl with the Colts. And they'll have a place to stay during the week as Jim & John's sister lives in Indiana, as she is married to Head Indiana Univ. basketball Coach Tom Crean.

That must be an interesting place during the holidays with 4 big time coaches in the house.

Because of that I'm making the Raven's a slight favorite over the Niner's. My reasoning is that John is a year older. ;)
Last edited by nostrajimus on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nostrajimus

Re: OT-The Harbaugh Bowl

Postby midcoastman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm

You are really sticking your neck out on this one cantcallsh*t.
"Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
midcoastman

Postby nostrajimus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:04 pm

midcoastman wrote:You are really sticking your neck out on this one cantcallsh*t.

Not really, but we'll soon see. I had the priviledge of playing with & against Jim when I was a kid, and those 2 are the most competitive football guys you will ever meet (outside of Brady perhaps).

I think that it goes to show how a change in leadership can have an immedaite impact, because less than a year after the Niner's made the change they are 4 quarters away from The Super Bowl.

Early line if they do play is Ravens - 6
nostrajimus

Postby LesMillsRockstar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am

nostrajimus wrote:
midcoastman wrote:You are really sticking your neck out on this one cantcallsh*t.

Not really, but we'll soon see. I had the priviledge of playing with & against Jim when I was a kid, and those 2 are the most competitive football guys you will ever meet (outside of Brady perhaps).

I think that it goes to show how a change in leadership can have an immedaite impact, because less than a year after the Niner's made the change they are 4 quarters away from The Super Bowl.

Early line if they do play is Ravens - 6

If you think the Ravens are going to come into Foxboro in win, you're high
LesMillsRockstar

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 pm

nostrajimus wrote: I had the priviledge of playing with & against Jim when I was a kid, ...
BS !
TAL1957

Postby hawksfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

The 1st post of this thread is EXACTLY why that sentimental vomit fest cannot be allowed to happen!! Gawd! I'm doing the Parcells puking in my mouth thing right now!

How 'bout this? Pats smoke the Ravens and the Giants smoke the Niners and Jim & John can do their "Walton's" thing as respective head coaches of the Pro Bowl players in Honolulu the following week?

Then we can have serious football talk for two weeks while the Pats prep to extract revenge for that silly loss four years ago....
hawksfan

Postby nostrajimus » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 pm

TAL1957 wrote:
nostrajimus wrote: I had the priviledge of playing with & against Jim when I was a kid, ...
BS !

Come on, George. It's right there in the Tappan Jr. High yearbook
nostrajimus

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm

if you think the 49ers would be a 6 point favorite against the ravens then perhaps you don't bet on football as much as you seem to...

i don't see how that line is more than 49ers -3.5

all the ravens have to do is double cover vernon davis and they've effectively shut down the offense...I still don't trust Alex Smith even though that was a man effort in the fourth quarter.
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm

PS Nostra if you think that the 49ers will indeed reach the super bowl against the ravens now is the time to jump on the AFC/NFC line for the super bowl which is at AFC -4.5 on some sites right now...
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Postby nostrajimus » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:57 pm

UMaineSuperfan wrote:if you think the 49ers would be a 6 point favorite against the ravens then perhaps you don't bet on football as much as you seem to...

ummm...speaking of not knowing as much as you seem...as u can see above I said Ravens -6. You do know that -6 means I think the Ravens would be favored by 6, not the Niner's, right UMSF? :roll: :oops: :lol:
nostrajimus

Next

Return to Football