White Knight Down!

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: White Knight Down!

Postby driveandive » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Now if you told him they would be missing Maroney all year and the #2 and #3 RB's (Smith and Jordan) would only play significantly in half the games, and defensively, Adalius Thomas would be gone early and Ty Warren and Bruschi would play about half the time, Rodney Harrison would be gone after 5 games, and Ellis Hobbs an Deltha O'Neil (released by the Bengals!) would be the top cornerbacks, and they would have to start a rookie safety and linebacker....he may have predicted the bills would finish ahead of them. 8-)
driveandive

Postby SeaDogsFan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:27 am

This season is a failure only because they didn't win the Super Bowl, if anybody can actually come to call it a failure.

To lose as many key guys, including the best QB in the league right at the start, as the Patriots did... I was only mildly upset that the Patriots didn't get in with 11 wins. ANY OTHER YEAR, they probably win the AFC East with that record. But I'll take 11-5 and barely missing, and now pray that Brady is ready to go next year. And, watch the great young talent we DO have, like Jerrod Mayo moving towards becoming one of the great linebackers in the league today. The experts say we need to get younger. It'll happen. It might take another year or 2 to get there, but this team will be just fine in the long run.

And hey, if Brady isn't OK... There's always... IN O'CONNELL WE TRUST!

=))
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby idroptreys23 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 am

This is one of those days where you scratch your head at the 8-8 Chargers getting in, and then hope they beat Peyton and the Colts so you can laugh.
idroptreys23

Postby X31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:05 pm

SeaDogsFan wrote:
To lose as many key guys, including the best QB in the league right at the start, as the Patriots did... I was only mildly upset that the Patriots didn't get in with 11 wins. ANY OTHER YEAR, they probably win the AFC East with that record.

=))

Heck, that record got them a bye in the 01-02 season.
X31

Postby driveandive » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:40 am

I don't think last years super bowl winner had 11 wins.
driveandive

Previous

Return to Football