Ortiz Who?

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Ortiz Who?

Postby BangorBound » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Peacone36 wrote: What do we do abotu the Pen?

Let it work itself out. Remember this?

Sometimes it's better to let things run their natural course and work themselves out rather than try and have an immediate fix.
BangorBound

Postby bballnut » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 am

OK, is it time to give Tito some love or what?

This guy just does everything right, including taking responsibility when he makes a bad decision.
However, those are few and far between.

You can argue that he has it all to work with but I doubt many managers would make so many correct calls, AND he keeps it real.
bballnut

Postby billzfan34 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:21 am

I think Tito works great for the Sox...not many complaints from me.
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Postby photoguy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Delcarmen last 10 games Totals 0.82ERA 11.0inngs 7hits 1run 3walks 9Ks

Justin Masterson
Totals 3 1 2.90era 31.0inngs 18hits 10runs 15walks 27Ks
Masterson has nothing left to prove in the minor leagues, if the Sox are not going to keep him in the rotation, put him in the pen with Delcarmen and Hanson and problem solved.

Hanson innings 4-6
Masterson 7 and or 7-8
Delcarman 8 and 9th if not a save
Paps 9th

I personaly see nothing wrong with that lineup, rest okey for a couple of weeks, we know he is too good a pitcher to just give up on, he probably is hurting and just has not said anything yet. A stint on the DL would give them room to add Masterson.

That's my 2¢ worth
photoguy

Postby fishrmn43 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:30 am

Does anyone feel he might have left Timlin in just a tad to long last nite? .2IP.....4H.....4ER....2BB.....0SO Gimme a break
fishrmn43

Postby photoguy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

Does anyone feel Timlin has seen his better days and Toto is being just a little too kind??????
photoguy

Postby billzfan34 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 am

No doubt that Timlin has seen his better days go by. I'm sure that Francona does feel some sort of loyalty to him and will give him every chance to be a contributing presence. In Mondays game I think Tito knew the game was most likely over with the lineup he had in,and let Timlin take an inning for the pen.If Timlin falters more down the line during crunch time,Francona will find someone else.I agree and have said all along that Masterson deserves to be on the roster,if not a starter,as a set up man.
billzfan34

Postby billzfan34 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Casting my vote now for JD Drew as MVP.
billzfan34

Postby baseketball » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 pm

I have been down on Drew all along-not just for his lack of offensive production and numerous injuries last year-but also because I felt the Sox spent too much money on him. While I'm still not thrilled with their financial commitment to him, I will give Drew credit for producing at the plate and easing the pain of the loss of Ortiz. I've always liked Drew in the field and love the defensive outfield of Ellsbury, Crisp, and Drew.
Timlin is now on the DL. I've been ready to give up on him a couple times before, but then he's come back and produced. It may be time though, considering all the other guys the Sox have, for Timlin to retire.
I agree 100% that Masterson does not need to go back to the minors and I like the idea of him in the pen.
Now what do we do about Lugo? He's hitting better this year, but his fielding has been erratic. There's no way Lowrie should stay in the minors the rest of this year and next. I certainly don't want to see Lowrie traded either.
I think Lugo should be an expensive backup and pinch runner nest year (unless he can be thrown into a trade with someone else!
baseketball

Postby SeaDogsFan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:12 am

When you score 5 runs, and they all come from Brandon Moss and Kevin Cash, you're really deep as a team.

Or, you're playing a team from the NL West.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Previous

Return to Baseball