Ortiz Who?

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Ortiz Who?

Postby billzfan34 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Who needs Big Papi when JD Drew is carrying the team the way he is?.....ok,so thats a stretch..lol..but very nice to see JD step it up.
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Re: Ortiz Who?

Postby fishrmn43 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:13 am

I agree he`s on a helluva tear. Which situation were you in during that game........ a win lose or a lose win? lol .........Must be nice to have a team to fall back on.
fishrmn43

Postby billzfan34 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:59 am

With the M's being 16 1/2 games out,it's not hard to cheer for the Sox. I always cheer for a M's/Sox Championship Series to get to the World Series(I would want the M's to win) but it hasn't happened yet.I get to watch and root for the Sox more thanks to NESN,and if I could see the M's more,maybe it would be differant. But you are right Fshrmn,it is nice to have a team(or in my case several teams) to fall back on. Go MariSox!!...lol
billzfan34

Postby sidelineview » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm

I can think of a better underdog to cheer for...
sidelineview

Postby BangorBound » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:45 pm

billzfan34 wrote:With the M's being 16 1/2 games out,it's not hard to cheer for the Sox. I always cheer for a M's/Sox Championship Series to get to the World Series(I would want the M's to win) but it hasn't happened yet.I get to watch and root for the Sox more thanks to NESN,and if I could see the M's more,maybe it would be differant. But you are right Fshrmn,it is nice to have a team(or in my case several teams) to fall back on. Go MariSox!!...lol

Looks like your falling back on a lot of Boston teams with the Lakers struggling too...Haha. It's an easy change to support a Boston team, bandwagon-jumper :P
BangorBound

Postby billzfan34 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm

NEVER the Celtics,Bruins or the Patsies...and most likely I have cheered for the Sox longer than you have been alive..since 1977..Maine native Bob Stanley pitching for the Sox and Maine native Stan Thomas pitching for the newly incorporated Seattle Mariners...been cheering for BOTH ever since.
billzfan34

Postby billzfan34 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:21 am

Drew does it again,along with Manny(moving past Eddie Murray in the process).What's up with Okey?
billzfan34

Postby X31 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:30 am

I'm not sure how much we can accuse someone with a screen name of "billzfan" of being a bandwagon jumper. I'm just wondering IF the Celtics can beat the Lakers, who will he pick to beat the Celts next? ;)
X31

Postby billzfan34 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:27 pm

The Globetrotters?....and Mr.JD Drew does it again.Can he take it on the road though?
billzfan34

Postby Peacone36 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Holy nuts...........i saw SOME of this coming when Papi went down, i think it was genius on Franconas part batting Drew in front of Manny instead of moving him in behind and pushing Manny up.........this way Drew sees so many pitches, Manny being on a tear as well means guys would rather take their chance against JD rather than Manny and boy is he taking advantage, this is a step above what i expected when we signed him, last year was a step below, so id say we are about even on our investment..........imagine if Papi comes back and Drew Youk and Lowell are still swinging these hot sticks, nevermind the fact that we have 6 really nice starters.........with Okeys troubles lately do you think its time to move Wake to the pen? He has experience there and hes "savvy" but he also has a tendency to have give up big innings.............and even i am ggetting shaky on Delcarmen. What do we do abotu the Pen?
"If honesty is the best policy, then, by default, dishonesty is the second best policy." - Carlin
Peacone36

Next

Return to Baseball