Bradley turning heads in Red Sox camp

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am

When spring training began, Jackie Bradley Jr. had zero chance of making the Boston Red Sox. Now? The odds remain remote, but they’re not zero. Bradley has been one of the stories of spring training, at least early in camp, showing an ability to reach base against left-handed and righthanded ...

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/28/s ... -sox-camp/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Bradley turning heads in Red Sox camp

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 am

Bradley drawing rave reviews in first camp
Highly touted prospect constantly working at improving defense, offense

By Ian Browne

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Watch the Red Sox take batting practice on any given morning during Spring Training and you will notice the usual clusters of players gathered in the outfield, making small talk and occasionally throwing their glove toward a lazy fly ball.

Then there is Jackie Bradley, who is standing by himself in center field, playing a little game within the game. Bradley is measuring the angles, lining up where the ball is going to be and making sure he's there before it lands.

"It definitely helps," said Bradley, who is ranked the Red Sox's No. 2 prospect by MLB.com. "I'm constantly working at it. I just don't do it for fun. I'm actually working on something while I'm doing it. I'm just trying to get better in any different facet of the game. That's part of my routine. Just like you have a hitting routine, I have a defensive routine. That's what I do."

Read more: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/artic ... s&c_id=bos
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Baseball