Hey COACHHAWK

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Hey COACHHAWK

Postby coachhawk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 pm

stonemitt wrote:Didn't they re-up Haffner recently with big bucks? He could stick it to them some by merely offering, much like the sox did with Jeter. I'd make a small wager that the Yankees will. I think Giradi finally read one of my e-mails-LMAO. Now I don't know if Arod meant what he said but I don't know how anyone in that situation could of handled the questions any better. Your thoughts?? I was watching highlights this morning and wondering why the sox can't get players like Crisp-Moss-Reddick

I didn't listen to any of the interviews so I don't know what Arod said; however, I did see the camera on Arod when Ibanez hit the homer in the 9th and Arod was one of the most excited players in the dugout. I have to admit...I don't think I've ever seen Arod that excited for someone other than himself. So, it wouldn't surprise me if his answers reflected that behavior.

I do have to say though, Stone, with a hitter like Ibanez on the cheap, I'm not sure why the Yankees feel the need to spend $250 million on a player to sit the bench. Couldn't they just pay Ibanez a little more money and find a cheaper option to ride the pine?

I'm glad you recognized the nice job the Sox did in training Crisp, Moss, and Reddick to help the A's make the playoffs this year.
coachhawk

Postby coachhawk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 am

Stone, that's a lot of salary to pay a team that gets swept by a team without a closer. Lowest batting average ever as a team for a team playing at least 7 postseason games (.188). Imagine how low their average could have been if they didn't pay all those big bucks?!?! Not only could they not see the Mendoza line, Mario Mendoza would have been the cleanup hitter in this lineup.
coachhawk

Postby stonemitt » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Good pitching usually beats good hitting, it always beats players who aren't hitting. Hopefully our roster will look much different next yr, maybe even some players who understand homeruns aren't the only way to score runs. I was probably more surprised about how well our pitchers pitched in the post season (except lastnight) than how anemic our hitting was. But damn, the tigers really pitched well. They had the better team and should of won. On to the Pat's and Celts now coach-LOL
stonemitt

Postby stonemitt » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 pm

P.S., the sox aren't that far behind salary wise and haven't made the playoffs for 3 yrs running. Somehow you must of forgotten that-hehehehehehehehehe
stonemitt

Postby coachhawk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:12 pm

stonemitt wrote:P.S., the sox aren't that far behind salary wise and haven't made the playoffs for 3 yrs running. Somehow you must of forgotten that-hehehehehehehehehe

No salary left in Beantown, it's all in LA. In fact, Cashman called Cherington to ask him if he thought LA would take another 114 million to unload a 3rd baseman. :)
coachhawk

Postby coachhawk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:54 pm

stonemitt wrote:Hopefully our roster will look much different next yr, maybe even some players who understand homeruns aren't the only way to score runs.

How did that new roster look work out for you this year, Stone? At least homeruns were how the Yankees actually scored runs last season. Did they score any this year? :)
coachhawk

Previous

Return to Baseball