Hey COACHHAWK

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Hey COACHHAWK

Postby stonemitt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Any chance you could arrange retro "70's", I'd like to see Oakland vs Cinn. And if that's not possible how about an outfield throw that didn't bounce six times or be 30 feet up the line. Remember, I didn't request the O's-LOL
stonemitt

Re: Hey COACHHAWK

Postby coachhawk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:02 pm

If you want Oakland vs. Cincy that would be '72, which would mean the Tigers and Pirates would be the other playoff teams. I can give you Oakland and Detroit as that's what we have now, but I can't help ya with the Pirates.

The 6 hop throw from the OF? Is Damon still playing???
coachhawk

Postby stonemitt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 pm

coachhawk wrote:If you want Oakland vs. Cincy that would be '72, which would mean the Tigers and Pirates would be the other playoff teams. I can give you Oakland and Detroit as that's what we have now, but I can't help ya with the Pirates.

The 6 hop throw from the OF? Is Damon still playing???

Heck, Damon needn't hang his head if he's been paying attention the past few yrs. Seems like a lost art, hardly can go a game without even infielders making lousy throws. Millions of dollars players-go figure. I'm still trying to figure out how the best record in both leagues opens on the road, well-along with 235 foot infield flys-LOL
stonemitt

Postby coachhawk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 pm

The current format of the first 2 games at the home of the worse record and the final 3 games at the home of the better record is the most ridiculous format I've ever seen. I don't care if you have to throw in an extra travel day, if you're going to go with a 5 game series it should be 2-2-1.

The 235 foot infield fly call was the correct call. The fact that the fielders couldn't communicate with one another is why it's still being talked about.
coachhawk

Postby Patsfan07 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm

coachhawk wrote:The current format of the first 2 games at the home of the worse record and the final 3 games at the home of the better record is the most ridiculous format I've ever seen. I don't care if you have to throw in an extra travel day, if you're going to go with a 5 game series it should be 2-2-1.

The 235 foot infield fly call was the correct call. The fact that the fielders couldn't communicate with one another is why it's still being talked about.

Yes, it was the right call by rule, but the rule needs tweaking. The infield fly rule was designed to prevent double plays by purposely missing the ball but there's no way any team could turn two on a fly ball that deep.

Who had the better arm Damon or Micky Rivers ? ;)
Patsfan07

Postby coachhawk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 pm

The current version of the infield fly rule has been in place for over 100 years. I maintain that had 2 fielders not had problems communicating with one another and the ball was caught instead, we would not be discussing the infield fly rule 3 days later.
coachhawk

Postby stonemitt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:50 pm

coachhawk wrote:The current version of the infield fly rule has been in place for over 100 years. I maintain that had 2 fielders not had problems communicating with one another and the ball was caught instead, we would not be discussing the infield fly rule 3 days later.

That was the leftfielders ball all the way, always cede to the fielder coming in. Patsfan has the reason correct( wonder why he can't understand the run and hit-LMAO) in "no deception", I maintain a-rod keeping the runner from scoring from second on the hit by standing on the bag with his glove outstretched dekeing the runner into thinking a throw is coming is as much deception as letting a fly ball drop or attempting a pick off. Probably a bad example using arod as deception is his game. Can't believe Giradi didn't use Gardner to bunt with runners on 1 and 2 with zero outs. Play for the f'ing long ball is getting so old I'm about to give the Pats my undivided attention. Hey coach, think Tito will stick it to the sox and coax Papi into a multi yr deal????
stonemitt

Postby Patsfan07 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Well, at least ARod's deception was more legit than when he approached 3B as runner and yelled "I got it" to the Toronto 3rd basemen who then backed off a pop up. :o He really is a class act. ;)

Papi's next contract will be interesting....should be no more than 2 yrs - $20 million total....but I suspect the Sox Mgmt will ultimately give him more.
Patsfan07

Postby coachhawk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 pm

stonemitt wrote:Hey coach, think Tito will stick it to the sox and coax Papi into a multi yr deal????

Not unless Tito is taking the money out of his own pocket to pay him. Cleveland ownership has been very tight with the money and isn't likely to open their wallet even for Tito.
coachhawk

Postby stonemitt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 am

coachhawk wrote:
stonemitt wrote:Hey coach, think Tito will stick it to the sox and coax Papi into a multi yr deal????

Not unless Tito is taking the money out of his own pocket to pay him. Cleveland ownership has been very tight with the money and isn't likely to open their wallet even for Tito.

Didn't they re-up Haffner recently with big bucks? He could stick it to them some by merely offering, much like the sox did with Jeter. I'd make a small wager that the Yankees will. I think Giradi finally read one of my e-mails-LMAO. Now I don't know if Arod meant what he said but I don't know how anyone in that situation could of handled the questions any better. Your thoughts?? I was watching highlights this morning and wondering why the sox can't get players like Crisp-Moss-Reddick
stonemitt

Next

Return to Baseball