Bartolo

Any pro talk from around the leagues

Re: Bartolo

Postby billzfan34 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 am

I have no problem with Wake being in the rotation.I have a problem with him being allowed to give up 7 runs in hopes of finding his rhythm.Any other pitcher on the staff lets up 7 runs in 3 innings and they are sitting.The Red Sox offense is good,but having to score 8+ runs is still a tall hill to climb.Having pitchers who keep the score around 4-5 "most" of the time deserve to be the starters.Basically,I want Francona to have the guts to yank him after 3 innings when he is getting lit up,instead of saying "I know you have pitched longer than anybody here Wake,so I'll give you another couple innings". My rotation right now would be (1)Dice-K(when healthy),Masterson when not (2)Beckett(3)Lester(4)Colon(5)Wakefield...Bucholz(LR),Lopez(SR),DelCarmen(SR),Okey(SR) and Paps(CL) getting the bulk of the pen work, Aardsma and Timlin when really needed. I would actually like Colon as a 3,but Lester nicely breaks up the back to back fireballing with a lefty twist.
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Postby BangorBound » Fri May 30, 2008 7:23 am

billzfan34 wrote:I have no problem with Wake being in the rotation.I have a problem with him being allowed to give up 7 runs in hopes of finding his rhythm.Any other pitcher on the staff lets up 7 runs in 3 innings and they are sitting.The Red Sox offense is good,but having to score 8+ runs is still a tall hill to climb.

Maybe that's my problem with Wake....Perhaps it's not the fact that he gives up 6 or 7 runs in 3 innings, it's the fact Tito doesn't have the balls to pull him when he should be pulled.

Then again, I'd rather just see him in the bullpen.
BangorBound

Postby billzfan34 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:07 am

So? Now who fills Dice-K's spot? Buch or Masterson?...I vote Masterson based on performance,not length of MLB service.
billzfan34

Postby billzfan34 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am

Chalk up another nice win for Mr.Colon...#150 for his career.
billzfan34

Previous

Return to Baseball