Lewiston’s Jeromey Rancourt wins Travis Roy Award

post info & talk all things Hockey (BOYS)...

Re: Travis Roy Award Semi-finalists

Postby mainesportsguru » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:24 am

I don't know what vanguard said originally, and while it may have been inappropriate, any post making threats to anyone is not the correct response.

Fournier is a very good goalie, drafted into QMJHL. Rancourt was also drafted by a junior hockey league I believe and is very good. I know less about Armitage and Murray but both Falmouth and Scarborough have been successful hockey programs the last four years. I believe Fournier has had more of an impact on his team than any other player, clinching more wins for his team, but that should be expected for a goalie. Congratulations to all four on being finalists.
mainesportsguru

Postby vanguard1964 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 am

Not worried on my end. It's just a couple of high school kids who are easily identified (registered as users yesterday, one message in response to one specific post). Don't they have anti-bullying programs at most schools? Looks like these guys missed that training session.

If they do decided to go and "shoot in" trailers, they are gonna definitely hurt others and never even come close to me.....

mainesportsguru wrote:I don't know what vanguard said originally, and while it may have been inappropriate, any post making threats to anyone is not the correct response.

Fournier is a very good goalie, drafted into QMJHL. Rancourt was also drafted by a junior hockey league I believe and is very good. I know less about Armitage and Murray but both Falmouth and Scarborough have been successful hockey programs the last four years. I believe Fournier has had more of an impact on his team than any other player, clinching more wins for his team, but that should be expected for a goalie. Congratulations to all four on being finalists.
vanguard1964

Postby SP4105 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

I am disappointed that this thread has devolved to an attack on multiple members of a family (the Armitages) that I consider to be upstanding citizens (and friends) from a source who clearly has an issue with them. As Neil implied, even the original "apology" from Vanguard1964 included a back-hander to a different family member, followed by a swipe at Neil himself in the next round. And to be clear, the post that directly attacked Vanguard was no better and was equally indefensible.

But seriously, let's please just celebrate the success of the four finalists, who all are deserving of the respect of the Maine hockey community and leave the personal agendas behind. If that can't happen, why are we bothering to read these threads at all?
SP4105

Postby MacP » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 am

Well said SP4105. Vanguard1964 obviously has an Ax to grind.
For someone that I would guess is 53 years old (based upon 1964) it's time to grow up, act like a responsible adult and refrain from making inappropriate statements about a high school athlete. Pretty low budget if you ask me.
Vanguard1964 should get a "Game Misconduct"!
MacP

Postby Nearmitage » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 am

I don't know who made that post but It is wrong and should be removed. Not sure who it is but if it's one of my kids you will get an apology.

vanguard1964 wrote:Well it's not hard to figure out who wrote this. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the "nearmitage" tree. I'm happy take the comment down but I think your threats below are much worse then anything I said. Looks like you joined today when you where in study hall, it won't be hard to trace your IP address back to FHS.

Vanguardsucks wrote:This vanguard character should really have his account blocked or deleted. For a 53 year-old, who most likely still lives with his mother in her double wide trailer, to rip into a respectable hockey player is just downright disgraceful. Vanguard I think you should focus more on flipping burgers at McDonalds then high school hockey. Armitage, who will be playing D1 baseball next year, has already accomplished more in life then you ever will.

Have a great day.

P.S.
If you keep this up I'll shoot in your trailer.
Nearmitage

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:20 am

evidently, any negative comments were edited ....
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 am

Lewiston's Jeromey Rancourt: A quiet leader

... Twelve years later, Jeromey is one of the top high school hockey players in Maine. He was a co-captain this season at Lewiston High School as the Blue Devils earned a second consecutive Class A state crown. He tied for the team lead in points in the regular season, and scored a goal in the state final that put an exclamation point on the team's victory.

He celebrated — perhaps a bit too vociferously. He looked to the rafters, much as he had during the reverent silence as a schoolmate sang "The Star-Spangled Banner."

There were more than 3,700 people in the building that night, but more important to Jeromey was the one person who wasn't.

“My first hockey game for mites, my dad passed away,” Jeromey said. “He never got to watch me play real, organized hockey. That kind of sparked my will to want to do the best I can, kind of make him proud in the process. I want to go as far as I can with hockey, just to make him proud. That’s what hockey is to me; that’s what makes me feel like I am still in connection with him."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/lewiston ... er/2094784
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:30 am

video to go along with the very powerful story from above ..
https://youtu.be/YCMc-zus0zw
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 am

Episode 5: Justin Pelletier from the Sun Journal stops by to talk about Jeromey Rancourt from the Lewiston Blue Devils, hockey coming back to Portland, and the NHL. Also Kurt Helin from ProBasketballTalk.com stops by to talk about the perceived Golden St dysfunction, Celtics and more.

Download Now (right click and hit "save as" or click to play): https://goo.gl/sGQxzb

Listen Live:
Radio: Sports Time 780 (AM) Saturday 8am
Online: http://SportsTime780.com

Catch up on previous episodes: https://goo.gl/E9X9oi
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:19 am

Lewiston’s Jeromey Rancourt wins Travis Roy Award
He receives the honor that goes to the top senior in Class A boys' hockey.

...In his speech, Rancourt recalled the moment in the hospital when he learned his dad, David, had died. David served with the Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office for 10 years before suffering a fatal heart attack while diving into the Androscoggin River searching for evidence in a criminal case. He was 40.

“I was numb. I could have given up and not pursued my dreams, but I continued to be me,” Rancourt said. “I realized that all I wanted to do was play hockey and make my dad proud. If it wasn’t for my teammates, my coaches and my mom, I couldn’t have gotten through that tragic time in my life.”

Both Rancourt and his mother, Dawn, were teary-eyed after he was announced the winner.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/26/r ... roy-award/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Hockey (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur