State Tournament Thread...

post info & talk all things Hockey (BOYS)...

Re: State Tournament Thread...

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Bangor Rams‏ @BHSRams
@BHSRams Bangor Varsity Ice Hockey 2, Cony 1. FINAL! CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TUESDAY
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:58 am

3/4 scores

Bangor 2, Cony/Hall-Dale/Monmouth 1
Cheverus 4, Scarborough 3, OT
Falmouth 5, Portland/Deering 2
Lewiston 4, St. Dominic 1
Old Town/Orono 3, Brewer 1
Waterville 3, Hampden Academy 0
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:38 am

Yachtsmen sail into A South Hockey Semifinals

(Lewiston) The Falmouth Boys Hockey team skated past Portland/Deering Saturday night winning 5-2. The Yachtsmen will face off against Cheverus Tuesday night with a trip to the State Finals on the line.

http://wgme.com/sports/content/yachtsme ... semifinals

Falmouth advances to Class A South final
Theo Hembre scores twice, including the go-ahead goal, in a 5-2 win over Portland/Deering.

... “Games like this, historically, are tough games,” said Falmouth Coach Deron Barton after his team defeated the Bulldogs for the second time this season. “I love the way Portland plays. I love how they kept their composure. They really gave us a battle, and that’s the way it should be.”

The score was tied 2-2 the end of the first period.

Portland/Deering’s Jacob Luce opened the scoring by putting in a shot from the slot less than five minutes into the game. It was the Bulldogs’ first shot of the game.

Falmouth tied it six minutes later when defenseman Robbie Armitage swept the puck inside the left post after receiving an across-the-slot pass from Brendan Hickey.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/04/b ... nddeering/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:42 am

Cheverus tops Scarborough on the ice to advance

Cheverus gets a Sean Walsh OT goal to advance past Scarborough

http://www.wmtw.com/article/cheverus-to ... ce/9093400

**************************************************************************************

Cheverus ousts Scarborough in overtime
Sean Walsh's goal gives the Stags a 4-3 win and a spot in the Class A South final.

... “It doesn’t have to be a pretty goal,” Lucas told his team after the third period. “Just be strong on your stick around the net.”

In overtime, Walsh’s second goal of the night was the winner.

“We were cycling around the zone,” Walsh said. “We got a good shot in from the point, it jumped out right to me. I was in the right place at the right time.”

Scarborough finished with a 30-29 edge in shots. Scarborough’s Brandon Wasser made 25 saves, while Cheverus’ Jason Halverson notched 27 saves.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/04/b ... -overtime/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:38 am

Senior goalie backstops Bangor hockey team to semifinal victory

... Then, senior goalie Derek Fournier settle into the game, allowing just one goal on 25 shots in a 2-1 victory over Cony/Hall-Dale/Monmouth.

“I try to keep the same mindset for every game, but I knew for fact when we played them up north, the score didn’t reflect the (game),” Fournier said. “It was like a 1-0 overtime win. I knew it was going to be a close game.”

It didn’t look good early, though, for the senior all-star goalie and his squad. Just 21 seconds into the game, Cony/Monmouth/Hall-Dale’s Cam Wilson found the back of the net to give the No. 3-seeded Rams a 1-0 lead. Nathan Foye set Wilson up on the tally.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/04/s ... l-victory/

*****************************************************************************************

Bangor holds on to beat Cony in A North semifinals
Derek Fournier makes 24 saves to preserve win.

... But Fournier, his team clinging to a one-goal lead, saved his best save of the night for the 2:30 mark of the final period — turning away Logan Leadbetter’s point drive and then acrobatically recovering to keep Cam Wilson from tying the game on the rebound chance.

“I’ve played with Derek for a long time (on the Maine Moose junior team), and we know how good he is,” Wilson said. “I think we were taking a little too much time trying to make ‘good’ plays because we were worried about the goaltending.”

“Their goalie played really well. He made some great saves,” Cony coach Chad Foye said of Fournier. “We had chances that were the chances we wanted, where we were going to the net well and getting shots away, but he’s good. He came up with a couple of second and third saves that make you wonder a little bit.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/03/04/ ... emifinals/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:01 am

Waterville hockey survives scare to reach B North final
Top-seeded Purple Panthers edge Hampden

... It stayed 1-0 until Menoudarakos took a feed from Wentworth and beat Benner to the blocker side to give the exhaling Panthers a 2-0 lead.

“That second goal was huge,” Martin said. “We needed that.”

Added Wentworth: “We knew we just had to keep shooting and shooting. We had a lot of chances all game but they just weren’t going in.”

Wentworth capped the scoring with an empty net goal in the final seconds.

“We came out and we played hard,” Martin said. “It was a tough game but we got it done.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/03/04/ ... rth-final/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:24 am

Lewiston gets by a hot goalie for a berth into the regional finals

... Welsh fought off 51 off the 55 shots he faced Saturday as Lewiston earned a 4-1 win over the Saints in the Class A North semifinal matchup. But instead of handshakes, Welsh received hugs from the Blue Devils' skaters.

“Kyle earned his keep,” Lewiston coach Jamie Belleau said. “He's been part of their program the last few years and it's the least thing we can do. No one wants to lose — they certainly didn't want to to lose — but we have to be respectful. You recognize a kid who has contributed a lot to local hockey, I tip my hat to him.”

It wasn't the first time Welsh faced a lot of shots against the Blue Devils this season. He made 41 saves on Feb. 3, and 52 on Jan. 12, also losses.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ls/2087551
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby MattyB » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:59 pm

REGIONAL FINALS
at Androscoggin Bank Colisee, Lewiston
Tuesday, March. 7
Bangor vs. Lewiston 8 p.m. 105.5/1240/MainesBigZ.com
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:52 am

REGIONAL FINALS

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A North Regional Final:
#1-Lewiston vs. #2-Bangor, 6 p.m.

A South Regional Final:
#1-Falmouth vs. #2-Cheverus, 8 p.m.

B North Regional Final:
#1-Waterville vs. #2-Old Town/Orono, 7 p.m.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017
B South Regional Final:
#2-York vs. #4-Greely, 7 p.m.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:54 am

Class B North title could propel Old Town/Orono hockey program

... The Black Bears have been competitive with the Purple Panthers this season in both other efforts, particularly the last one. In that game, Old Town/Orono managed a 7-7 tie into the final seconds, before Waterville was able to slip one in to take the win. But now, the Black Bears will have a chance to bring the title home with a win, and are eager to do just that.

"I think we've got something to prove," senior defenseman Austin Sheehan said. "As a team, we've been dreaming about this all year, it's been our goal, and I think we can achieve it."

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/18 ... ey-program
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur