Brunswick scores late, ties Yarmouth in hockey opener

post info & talk all things Hockey (BOYS)...

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 am

YARMOUTH—The Brunswick and Yarmouth boys’ hockey teams had vastly different reactions to Saturday’s season-opening 2-2 tie at Travis Roy Arena.

The Dragons, thanks to a late short-handed tally and a clutch penalty kill late in overtime, were more than pleased to split Heal Points, but the defending Class B South champion Clippers felt they let a win slip away and they fear that might haunt them down the road.

After an even but scoreless first period, Yarmouth struck first when senior Chris Romano scored on a rebound early in the second, but in a sign of things to come, Brunswick answered quickly and tied the score when junior Andrew Eno tickled the twine.

http://www.theforecaster.net/brunswick- ... ey-opener/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Brunswick scores late, ties Yarmouth in hockey opener

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 am

Yarmouth, Brunswick settle for tie
Brunswick gets a short-handed goal late in regulation to earn a 2-2 draw against the defending Class B South champions.

... “Honestly, I think this is one of those games that we will look back on and wish we had finished the right way.”

Brunswick, an up-and-coming squad that ended last year with a loss in the Class B South quarterfinals, was pleased with its effort. Jacob Doring’s goal with 2:28 remaining, while his team was on the penalty kill, enabled the Dragons to avoid a season-opening loss.

“(Yarmouth) played (for the) state championship last year, so (a tie against them) is a big benchmark for us to see how we are doing,” Brunswick Coach Bill Bodwell said. “I am never happy with a tie, but the way it happened, being down and scoring in the last minutes, I was a little worried.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/12/10/b ... e-for-tie/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Hockey (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur