Deering Relieves Jackson of Head Coaching Duties

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Deering Relieves Jackson of Head Coaching Duties

Postby 46tosspowertrap » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm

BFallon73 wrote:Chewbacca - get a life. Clearly you have an ax to grind or you just get your jollies by being a keyboard tough guy. Anyone who has been around Coach Jackson knows how positive he has been for the program.

I don't know man, that Picture says 1000 words!!
46tosspowertrap

Postby football58 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 pm

From the looks of the picture, I would say he had a much more positive influence on the players than General Stilphen did back in the day.
football58

Postby Intheknow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 am

Chewbacca.... come on, Man! So, I guess by your calculation... if you’re Black and rock a suit then you must be a “gangsta pimp!” Wow!!
Intheknow

Postby Intheknow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 am

https://www.change.org/p/xavier-botana- ... %3Acontrol

700 signatures and counting. That’s a whole lot of support for Coach Jackson. I’ve read 100’s of posts and comments over various Social Media sites over the past two days about him. You are literally the only person who has said anything negative about the man, Chewbacca. Interesting. You are a hater and you sound dumb!
Intheknow

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 am

Deering football coach says he was run out by a parent
Jason Jackson had coached at the school for three seasons and wanted to remain.

...Craig said Thursday she could not comment on why Jackson was dismissed. Instead she referred to a prepared statement signed by Palmer:

“After every season, in every sport, we reflect on the season and what we need to do to continue to improve,” Palmer’s statement said. “After the recent football season, we did this with our (f)ootball program here at Deering. As a result of this assessment of the program, we have decided not to renew Coach Jackson’s contract as head coach for the 2018 season.

“Coach Jackson has helped to revitalize the Deering HS Football program. He has brought excitement and energy to the program and we are grateful for his contributions. We wish him the best in his future pursuits.”

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/18/ ... -a-parent/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby rasputin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am

I meet Coach Jackson last year at an AAU basketball tournament. He was watching my boys game in between his sons games. Nothing but positivity coming out of him. A fine man. When he told me he was Deering's football coach, the first words out of my mouth was you have the toughest job in the state. A suicide mission.
Unfortunately, I was right.
Good luck coach Jackson, you deserve better than this

Jim O'Brien
shamefully Deering class of 75
rasputin

Postby Muchups » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:16 am

I don't know the situation or the coach but the outpouring of support is telling. However, a 5-15 record over the last two seasons might be justification enough for a change. I'm not sure, and not knowing the detail of the situation has me torn.

Regardless as a Deering Alum who attended during the start of a golden age of Deering sports from 99' to 2012 its sad to see the state of the athletic programs.
Muchups

Postby Intheknow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 am

I hear You, Machups. Loosing seasons are rough. Just remember there are a lot of factors... dwindling numbers, QB1 and QB2 both out to injuries within the first 3 games of the season and no bench depth. There were about 17 varsity players who got real time, many of whom were Sophomores and even a freshman. They didn’t even have enough kids to have a JV team. The sad part is that Coach Jackson had so much support and many kids were swayed to DHS in recent years because of him. He landed some of the kids in that Sophomore and Freshman class and all indications were that the vast majority of this year’s 8th graders were Deering bound, in large part due to him.... so things were starting to swing his way. This would have been his first year of having kids since they were freshmen. The administration didn’t allow him enough time to truly turn it around. Sad.
Intheknow

Postby xnbury » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 am

Muchups wrote:I don't know the situation or the coach but the outpouring of support is telling. However, a 5-15 record over the last two seasons might be justification enough for a change. I'm not sure, and not knowing the detail of the situation has me torn.

Regardless as a Deering Alum who attended during the start of a golden age of Deering sports from 99' to 2012 its sad to see the state of the athletic programs.

I've been thinking this same thing. Obviously firing a coach over a parent(s) complaint is asinine, but the record does speak for itself. Perhaps it's telling right now of the Deering (and frankly some other programs) fans and players who view success as just fielding a team and building a good vibe. There's nothing inherently wrong with that but it's just different from a few years ago when Deering was vying for state titles.

I did chuckle a little when seeing some posts about two straight playoff appearances, considering it usually just takes just one win to make the playoffs in comically small Class A South
xnbury

Postby Archer Bunker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Very sad indeed........Deering used to be one of my favorite schools to follow in Basketball and football, but the dreaded "Charmin's Disease" has hit that community very hard and all their sports programs have been effected. I really think the superintendent and the athletic director need to be replaced not any of the coaches. Very sad to see Deering going down hill like they have the last few years.

AB
Archer Bunker

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur