Snowflakes and Football coaches

post info & talk all things Football...

Snowflakes and Football coaches

Postby hoops88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Hah. The only way I learned where I was supposed to be on certain plays was to be dragged into position by my facemask by my old football coach. Now that is too harsh? Seriously, people need to lighten up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... =editorial
hoops88

Re: Snowflakes and Football coaches

Postby Tiger58 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 am

When I was playing high school football years ago, I swore at a team member during a scrimmage. Coach grabbed my face mask and said "Keep your mouth shut or go home". I didn't like it at the time but it was the best advise I ever got. Ended up being a captain on an undefeated state championship team and later returned to coach and won a state title. Not saying it always turns out that way. Parents sign a permission slip to let kids play at the school I coached at. I expected the parents let me coach my way. For the most part they did. I couldn't have coached at many schools because of my language and sometimes actions. Had support of the players or I would not have lasted. Parents don't like something they should take their kids out of a program. Of course if we are talking about more then grabbing face masks and swearing then something needs to happen from an administrative stand point. Not many people can coach without swearing.
Tiger58

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur