The Way To Early Look Ahead to 2018

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: The Way To Early Look Ahead to 2018

Postby interloper » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 pm

If there is a merger of those 2 schools it is quite possible that they would be placed in B.
interloper

Postby Firestarter85 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

only person getting the skow job is coach libby. doesnt matter who else wants it he earned it this year.
Firestarter85

Postby Guard Trap » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm

I do not think Waterville and Winslow are merging and Coach Libby deserves the job....It's amazing how many misinformed people are on this site!!
Guard Trap

Postby Hoops34 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Agree with ALL that you said Guard Trap.
Hoops34

Postby MVS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Portland loses only 2 starters on D (Moss & Paquali), both defensive backs where there is other talent to step in. Entire front 7 will return. On offense, only losing 3 starters (Moss, Pasquali, Egeland) from team that beat OH and Lewiston in playoffs (not counting Griffin Foley who played sparingly after week 4 due to a high ankle sprain and wasn't the same thereafter). Of course losing Moss at QB is a big loss, but they do return two other QBs that started games this year (Wakati and Knop). And they lose their kicker. Team that lost in North final should be considered the North favorite next year, but still likely will have difficult time competing with top South teams.
MVS

Postby TAallday » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 am

I agree that Windham is the favorite. I would go with Lewiston second and Oxford Hills third before Portland.

Really though, that is a complete shot in the dark. I don't know how Cheverus will be, but they'll likely be competitive.
TAallday

Postby TAallday » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am

An Early Look at my top teams for next year...in no particular order.

Class A:
-Thornton, Bonny Eagle, Scarborough, and Sanford in the South
-Windham in the North

Class B:
-Marshwood, Biddeford, and Kennebunk in the South.
-Skowhegan and Brunswick in the North

Class C:
-Cape Elizabeth and Leavitt in the South
-MDI and Winslow in the North

Class D:
-Wells and Lisbon in the South
-Foxcroft and Bucksport in the North
TAallday

Postby Details » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

TAallday wrote:An Early Look at my top teams for next year...in no particular order.

We completely agree on A South. I don't see the same thing in Windham being any sort of stand out in the North. I see the North being almost identical to the way it was this year. The comment below from MVS about Portland having "other talent to step in" for Moss and Pasqualli is such an understatement. Without those two particular players Portland beats nobody this year with the exception of Bangor. Those were Portland's top two players on both sides of the ball! #22 and #24 were also nice players...not sure what grade they are in. If Bangor makes any improvements in 2018 then A North should be wide open once again.

I don't know the other classes well enough to make any predictions!
Details

Postby MVS » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 pm

The comment regarding "other talent to step in" was specific to the defense which is true. Moss & Pasquali were solid contributors on D, but not irreplaceable. No way were they the top 2 on D, Elowitch, Kopango, and Farnsworth were all much more critical players on D, and they'll all be back. I agree that their shoes are much bigger to fill on offense, particularly Moss.
MVS

Postby Details » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am

MVS wrote:The comment regarding "other talent to step in" was specific to the defense which is true. Moss & Pasquali were solid contributors on D, but not irreplaceable. No way were they the top 2 on D, Elowitch, Kopango, and Farnsworth were all much more critical players on D, and they'll all be back. I agree that their shoes are much bigger to fill on offense, particularly Moss.

Gotcha. And Elowitch was the kid I was thinking of. Very solid athlete.
Details

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur