post info & talk all things Football...

The Way To Early Look Ahead to 2018

Postby TAallday » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 pm

So, who ya got?? All classes.
TAallday

Re: The Way To Early Look Ahead to 2018

Postby TAallday » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Class A is my realm...so here goes.

-Thornton returns a ton of skill guys and defensive players, but will they replace the lineman they will lose on offense?
-How do Scarborough and BE fair after this class moves on? I predict that they’ll both be just fine, but maybe a step below TA, maybe.
-Does Windham improve and become the clear favorite?
-Who steps up among A teams?
TAallday

Postby Tackletrap » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 pm

North B:. Skowhegan returns Christopher. Brunswick returns a lot. Cony returns entire O Line and D line.
Tackletrap

Postby vikes » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 am

Dragons lose 2 lineman and that's it ,thinking they mite be back on top next year.
Cony should be good they are also young.
Skowhegan's QB is back witch is always a +.
Rest of the league is always competitive.
vikes

Postby BBBRKR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Can anyone comment on Scarborough's juniors and sophomores? A team with as many great seniors as they had this year is bound to have some talented younger guys who just haven't had their opportunity to shine yet. I'm well aware of Flaker, but who else should we look out for next year?

I think any team with someone as fast as Flaker has to have a chance in any game.
BBBRKR

Postby miked » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:53 pm

TAallday wrote:Class A is my realm...so here goes.

-Thornton returns a ton of skill guys and defensive players, but will they replace the lineman they will lose on offense?
-How do Scarborough and BE fair after this class moves on? I predict that they’ll both be just fine, but maybe a step below TA, maybe.
-Does Windham improve and become the clear favorite?
-Who steps up among A teams?

Scarborough will be a step behind no team. They return big lineman #76, #78, #77 & #66 all 4 of these lineman are better than any other team's best lineman next year. With #2 running behind them good luck Class A West. Scarborough will be the best team in the State again next year.
miked

Postby AVEFAN » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm

B South IMO will be Marshwood and Kennebunk. Marshwood will always be a contender with their coach. Tough to replace Glidden but I'm sure someone will step up. Kennebunk returns all of their skill guys and a good number of linemen that were in a rotation. Kennebunk still has to prove they have what it takes to win a big game. Falmouth will lose a large number of their starters. Not sure about their younger kids. As always the Biddeford kids will give you everything they have. In a nutshell Kennebunks to lose.
AVEFAN

Postby Firestarter85 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 pm

skowhegan and Brunswick in the north for class b

messo loses a lot so does brewer. cony loses all their wr and qb
Firestarter85

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 am

So, Scarborough has one good RB...that makes them the best in Maine? Miked reality at its finest.

Can anyone provide an insightful look at Scarborough or BE's teams in 2018?

I think Scarborough will be good, but as we saw this year, you have to have multiple offensive weapons and dimensions to beat a really good football team like Scarborough, BE, TA, Marshwood, or Wells for example. I think TA will certainly be the most talented team heading into next season. The question is whether or not BE or Scarborough is going to be very good. As of this moment, I would say I don't have a ton of information, but I would pick TA as the A South favorite due to massive graduation losses for both BE and Scarborough.

I think Sanford could take a step next year. They have had good youth performances and their varsity squad has been improving every year.
TAallday

Postby 85Champs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 am

This is a link to Scarborough's roster through Max preps.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sc ... borough,me)/football/roster.htm
85Champs

Next

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur