BRING OUT THOSE BROOMS!

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: BRING OUT THOSE BROOMS!

Postby Tackletrap » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:33 pm

See firestarter, now we have a couple things in common. I came out of the womb a Cowboys fan !!!! I had to, my Dad was die hard. My very first gift was a little rubber Cowboys football ! But I am old. Roger Staubach, Robert Newhouse, Randy White, Too Tall Jones. My wife keeps trying to throw all my Cowboys T shirts, hoodies, hats, etc. out. She is a damn Redskins fan !!! I know.......my mistake ! I ask her for a Cowboys jacket every year. To this date, Santa has not come through with my wish !!! She said she would not be caught dead with me wearing a "freaking Cowboys jacket in public". Oh the sacrifices I have to make for the kids !!
Tackletrap

Postby Firestarter85 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

bad move by you. there were year i felt ashamed to wear my cowboys gear in public but i did anyways ha ha. now they are good again so more fans come out to join us. jason witten is my favorite ever believe it or not
Firestarter85

Postby mario_spaghettio » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Honestly, the northern Maine teams would be best served by forfeiting the games.
mario_spaghettio

Postby TheSwarm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Falmouth offense isnt as good as skowhegan. sorry. if you think so they are going to surprise you Saturday night !!

christopher is the best qb ive seen in years.

Are you kidding me? Falmouth offense is 10 times better than Skowhegan and Marshwood is going to bury them on Saturday. And as far as Christopher goes at QB, i've seen better. In fact, I remember being at a game early in the season where Class C Leavitt went up there and absolutely embarrassed Class B Skowhegan. Leavitt's QB (Albert kid) picked them apart all night with his passing and running and Leavitt's defense kept christopher in check. Marshwood pounds them and wins by at least 3 touchdowns.
TheSwarm

Postby detatlock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 pm

I also believe the south will sweep all four games. The A,B And C teams all played each other during the regular season, South 3-0. Wells could probably win class C. I would like to see North vs South done away with. Time for the MPA to develop a playoff system where the best two teams meet for state championships regardless of what part of the state they’re from!
detatlock

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 am

Despite long odds, underdog football coaches stay confident with state finals approaching
South teams heavy favorites against North squads going into championship matchups.

...Another edge is the lack of pressure that comes with the underdog label. Being the favorite is nice — provided the team can handle the spike in expectations that comes with it.

“I think you’d have to pretty naive to not consider yourself to be the favorite,” Marshwood coach Alex Rotsko said. “You do the best you can to block that out of your mind. … I think if you ask any coach in any sport, they’re going to say it’s a lot easier to be the underdog than the favorite.”

It’s something the North teams won’t have to worry about. And if they find a way to pull the upset, it’ll likely be the reason why.

“There’s no expectation for us,” Foxcroft’s White said. “The kids can go out there and play loose, play confident and play relaxed. They don’t have to second-guess themselves. They can just go out and play.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/11/15/ ... proaching/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:27 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby hoops88 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 am

Geez, not one person willing to gamble. Hope it does provide motivation for these underdogs to take their heart and place it right in the middle of the field and leave the field knowing that they gave everything they had.
hoops88

Postby dunbar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Nope.
dunbar

Postby Archer Bunker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! That didn't last to long......No sweep this year. Congrats to MCI they definitely out played Cape and deserve to be State Champions again.

AB
Archer Bunker

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur