BRING OUT THOSE BROOMS!

post info & talk all things Football...

BRING OUT THOSE BROOMS!

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 pm

It sure looks like a Southern Maine sweep this year.

Scarborough over Windham 42-14
Marshwood over Skowhegan 35-13
Cape Elizabeth over MCI 28-7
Wells over Foxcroft 42-7

No close games in this years championships.

AB
Archer Bunker

Re: BRING OUT THOSE BROOMS!

Postby Whack » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Class A and B will be crushes by the south for sure.
Whack

Postby augie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:55 am

AB might be right for once with his annual “broom”post.

I think the Marsh-Skowhegan game will be closer than some think and feel Skow has a punchers chance since they are playing their best overall football of the year at the most important time of the year.
augie

Postby Firestarter85 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 am

skowhegan and mci both have a good shot. mci is playing great the last few games.

marshwood lost their qb. i promise you skowhegan will score a bunch
Firestarter85

Postby Silo34 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

I watched the MDI -MCI game last night, if MCI plays like that against Cape they have little chance of beating them, if MCI plays that defense they will pay in the passing game. Cape beat them by three TDs earlier this year id put the margin next week around 4 dont think it will be close. Im not a big Cape fan but respect what they do and think they win their first gold ball this Saturday. Good luck to both teams congrats on making it this far.
Silo34

Postby vikes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am

Scarborough game will be over at half.
Like the way Skowhegan is playing defense right now but still think marshwood by 3 touchdowns.
Watched cape play the other night they look pretty good 40-20.
Don't know much about class D but I think Wells will win this one easily.
vikes

Postby Dan R » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Firestarter85 wrote:skowhegan and mci both have a good shot. mci is playing great the last few games.

Don't be licking your chops too much, Caverly is a pretty decent QB if Springer can't go, and Marshwood is first, and foremost, still a running team. I don't see Skow scoring a bunch of points (they're not Falmouth by any stretch), and the Hawks don't have the kind of "D" that allows teams to go into shoot-out mode.
Dan R

Postby bballmom30 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Dan R wrote:
Firestarter85 wrote:skowhegan and mci both have a good shot. mci is playing great the last few games.

Don't be licking your chops too much, Caverly is a pretty decent QB if Springer can't go, and Marshwood is first, and foremost, still a running team. I don't see Skow scoring a bunch of points (they're not Falmouth by any stretch), and the Hawks don't have the kind of "D" that allows teams to go into shoot-out mode.

Dan R, you are delusional. Skowhegan has one of the top quarterbacks (Christopher) with over 2,000 passing yards, and two of the top receivers in Barnes with almost 800 yards receiving, and Bell with almost 600 yards receiving. If I were Marshwood, I wouldn't base the State game on what the first meeting results were this year at Skowhegan!
bballmom30

Postby Firestarter85 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Falmouth offense isnt as good as skowhegan. sorry. if you think so they are going to surprise you Saturday night !!

christopher is the best qb ive seen in years.
Firestarter85

Postby TARULES » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Firestarter85 wrote:Falmouth offense isnt as good as skowhegan. sorry. if you think so they are going to surprise you Saturday night !!

christopher is the best qb ive seen in years.

I must be missing something! Marshwood won 55-12. Rotsko is supposedly the best coach in Maine. His team got 43 points worse with 10 weeks of his coaching?

I remember reading somewhere that Springer and Caverly had a tight battle to win the job. Even without Springer, how does a mostly running team regress 43 points.

And I've heard the "he's the best QB I've ever seen" argument before....matter of fact just before last years Shrine game....and well...Ahhh.....oh yeah, we know.
TARULES

Next

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur