[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 am

Scarborough leaves no doubt in Class A South
The Red Storm are going to the state championship game after defeating Thornton Academy, 49-7.

...Thornton (8-2), the No. 2 seed, beat Scarborough 32-28 in the regular season in come-from-behind fashion.

“Last time we played them, we had three turnovers and over 100 yards of penalties, and we really just wanted to come out and clean that up, and we did that,” said Garrard, who rushed for 160 yards and a touchdown.

Flaker finished with 100 yards and two scores. Cody Dudley had two rushing touchdowns. Quarterback Zoltan Panyi gained 69 yards, including a 24-yard scoring burst in the third quarter. Jeremy Sendrowski added a 1-yard scoring run to push the lead to 49-0.

“You’ve got to defend the whole field against them,” said Thornton Coach Kevin Kezal. “They’ve got athletes at every position. They’re physical up front and they’ve got the big fullback (in Garrard), and tonight’s a great night to get him the football.”

The temperature hovered in the low 20s, and gusty winds made it feel much colder.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/10/f ... s-a-south/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:37 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby interloper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am

It is an unfortunate way for TA or anyone to end a season. I don't think that regional runner-up plaque looks good right now. They did have some highlights. An 8-2 record is very good. They did beat Scarborough in the regular season and the impressive win over Bonny Eagle in the play-offs after getting beat by them earlier in the year by 5 touchdowns. The sting of the score will fade as they get ready for winter sports and for the underclassmen, next year's season.
interloper

Postby HolidayInn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:17 am

Interloper,
Good points. Focus on good season. Scores of games in these types of conditions tend to get one sided. Look at Windham vs Portland game. It was 7 - 6 the last time they played. Once Scarb went up by 3, it was over. Players / coaches knew the ability to stop Scarb and outscore them in second half wasn't happening. Scarb was controlling game. The conditions and situation mentally break down the team. This is true of most of us and why stands had 1/2 the people in second half. I don't mean this as disrespect to team or fans. Just how it works. At some point we have to accept scenario. In my mind, anything that happened after 21 - 0 was just letting clock run out.
HolidayInn

Postby augie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 pm

HolidayInn wrote:Interloper,
Good points. Focus on good season. Scores of games in these types of conditions tend to get one sided. Look at Windham vs Portland game. It was 7 - 6 the last time they played. Once Scarb went up by 3, it was over. Players / coaches knew the ability to stop Scarb and outscore them in second half wasn't happening. Scarb was controlling game. The conditions and situation mentally break down the team. This is true of most of us and why stands had 1/2 the people in second half. I don't mean this as disrespect to team or fans. Just how it works. At some point we have to accept scenario. In my mind, anything that happened after 21 - 0 was just letting clock run out.

You are essentially saying TA gave up at halftime. I really didn't see it that way. It was just Scar was that much better than TA and BE for that matter. Everyone has said all year state A title runs thru the South but really it ran thru Scar the way they dismantled TA and BE at the end of the season. Good news for TA fans is that they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
augie

Postby HolidayInn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for pointing that out and providing the chance to clarify that isn't what I meant. I agree with Scarb proved themselves. They are from south.
HolidayInn

Postby augie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:52 pm

HolidayInn wrote:Thanks for pointing that out and providing the chance to clarify that isn't what I meant. I agree with Scarb proved themselves. They are from south.

Death. Taxes. And sensitive TA fans.
augie

Postby HolidayInn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:21 pm

You replied to me and I to you. I think this is really about your sensitivity level being too low. You need a hug. Also, I'm not a huge TA fan.
HolidayInn

Postby rock33 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Starting to think that augie and miked are the same person. Doesn’t like an opposing opinion. If augie makes a statement and anyone disputes it, they are said to be sensitive.
rock33

Postby augie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:09 pm

TA fans are like coyotees. They are a pack, stick together and try to attack a single pray for the benefit of the herd. Unlike Miked i actual praise TA for the incredible program they have. But I will stick to my statement that TA fans are sensitive if you say anything that they see as a negative towards their program or something they dont agree with you on.
augie

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur